Default 13 days wo stroller (carrier only) == doable!

well, based on comments here, i braved a trip with my 8 mo old baby for 13 days without a stroller.

we packed a car seat and an ergo sport and it worked out very nicely!

at this time we only have a snug rider to use with our car seat and we are actually considering not buying a stroller! hows that for a success? (during our trip we did see and try out a bee +, an uppababy vista as well as bjcm. love the vista, but it packs big. love the bjcm fold. loved the bee + but not the price....)

i actually think it went nicer bc we didnt have to worry about fitting in a stroller or a stroller frame everywhere we went.

i would like to add, though, that this def might not be for everyone. if you KNOW you need a stroller, take one. but if you are considering travel without one, i suggest GOING FOR IT! you just might like it!

We travelled with our twins and only took carriers a few times. I agree that it can make things so much simpler. My ergo and beco were worth every penny

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

we went to niagara falls when my dd2 was 2 months old. we only used a carrier, because a stroller would have been inconvenient (to put it rather mildly). I don't think I could have done it with an older baby (I have scoliosis) or more than one baby though.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

PP reminded me that I used only my Beco when we went to Niagara Falls when ds2 was 8mo. Worked fine. Sorry I didn't remember that back when you asked originally!

Beth

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love using a carrier, but since I am often traveling & out & about alone with my DS (16 months) I have found the stroller essential, if only for 1 thing - using the restroom! I have used the RR with him in the carrier (once on the front, once on the back) but it is an emergency only situation...
    Also, if you are shopping & ever need to try something on...

I had DS in the stroller when I was trying on bras in Fashion Bug (wasn't planning on shopping, Fashion Bug was right next door to grocery store & going out of business +70% off + 14 months PP & in desperate need of supportive (ANY) bras - still nursing...) and decided that he could play with his cars to stay busy while I tried on bras... Worked great until he realized that he could crawl under the door & escape! He was off before I knew what was happening (half naked woman running out of dressing room to capture escaping, delighted toddler.....) It got worse from there, after I caught him I turned the stroller on its side to block the space under the door, but then he noticed that I was topless & kept wanting to nurse... Nursing in front of a mirror is not recommended for this 43 year old Mom - I looked like something you might see in National Geographic.

So, to sum up, there might be a situation or two where you might want a stroller

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    I love using a carrier, but since I am often traveling & out & about alone with my DS (16 months) I have found the stroller essential, if only for 1 thing - using the restroom! I have used the RR with him in the carrier (once on the front, once on the back) but it is an emergency only situation...
    Also, if you are shopping & ever need to try something on...

I had DS in the stroller when I was trying on bras in Fashion Bug (wasn't planning on shopping, Fashion Bug was right next door to grocery store & going out of business +70% off + 14 months PP & in desperate need of supportive (ANY) bras - still nursing...) and decided that he could play with his cars to stay busy while I tried on bras... Worked great until he realized that he could crawl under the door & escape! He was off before I knew what was happening (half naked woman running out of dressing room to capture escaping, delighted toddler.....) It got worse from there, after I caught him I turned the stroller on its side to block the space under the door, but then he noticed that I was topless & kept wanting to nurse... Nursing in front of a mirror is not recommended for this 43 year old Mom - I looked like something you might see in National Geographic.

So, to sum up, there might be a situation or two where you might want a stroller
    OMG, you had me ROLLING!!

I have a carrier, but prefer to use a stroller in such previously stated circumstances!!

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 10-month-old still doesn't like the stroller... but it's not a bad thing. I don't have to worry about taking our stroller on vacation in a couple of weeks, or on the plane next month.

I do try to use one if I know I'm going to try stuff on, but he doesn't last long before having a meltdown. I might get through two or three shirts/bottoms.