jess_g is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What is the best carpet cleaner?

I bought some Resolve at Target and its not working that well. Any ideas on a better carpet cleaner? This is for an old stain that I am having a hard time removing.

Thanks,

Jessica.

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've always found oxyclean works good on carpets, especially older stains. The package should have the mixing directions. We also use ZEP spot carpet cleaner from Home Depot which works better than Resolve too.
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We use the Folex Carpet spray cleaner. It comes in a white bottle. Works great on everything -- marker on the carpet, red wine, and even vomit (that was fun).
    Last edited by dhano923; 07-04-2010 at 05:02 PM.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

HUGE Folex fan here!!! It cleans up everything and doesn't stink like most carpet cleaners do.

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't care for Resolve at all. Like you I found it didn't work very well. A couple of years ago when we had some professional carpet cleaning done, the company we had said it was one of the worse products out there. I like Spot Shot. The "Queen of Clean" recommends it in her books, and it works really well IMO.

BioKleen Bac Out.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

Getting it out as soon as you can helps. I got out my carpet cleaner last night and got out 100% of emilys hot dog vomit with just hot water and a little castille soap I'm gonna have to get that Folex though!
    Jen

Emily 5/19/05
    Katie 8/14/07
    Chase 10/31/12