Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Can we talk patio furniture?

It seems all the rage these days to have outside living space and I am stumped about patio furniture! Every time I go to Home Depot or the like I love the look of all the outdoor sets. Here is what I can't wrap my head around - cushions!?! We have a 10 year old patio set that is really well made and really comfy, but it has cushions that either are left in the garage (and the seats can't be used without the cushions) or the day we finally drag them out, it rains and then they are soaked for the next 2 days! I am awful at remembering to bring them in and out and the garage is far enough away from the patio that it is a big job to get them in and out (they are also high on a shelf usually).

I think I have a few options:

1. Get a deck box for the cushions so that they are closer than the garage and low enough that I can get them in and out without asking for DH to help me.

2. Get a new set that doesn't require cushions (this is what I am looking for but haven't quite found)

3. Get a gazebo or the like so that I can leave the cushions and chairs and everything out.

So, please BBB gurus... help me see the light! What am I missing here?

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It sounds like your current set might be worth hanging onto, being well-made and comfy, so a deck box sounds like a good option to me. I know that I would have a lot of other items that I'd store in one as well ...
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

IKWYM! We have covers on ours, so rarely do we get the covers off. I really like the newer 'sling' type fabric chairs. They can be left out and dry quickly, but are more comfortable than a hard chair (wood or metal). I also want a table that is a metal mesh so that rain won't pool on it and I don't have to worry about a glass top. Still looking for that perfect set here, though.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have a metal mesh table and chairs and I love it. No, it isn't as comfy as chairs with cushions would be, but I would never remember to bring the cushions in, so this works for us.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)