klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Web hosting sites?

Okay, I figure the BB Mommas will know the answer to this one. I'm on the board for our daycare & we're talking about getting a web site up & running. However, money is an issue. So, who does the best job with web hosting for low cost? (We've got a couple of web designers we can hit up for low cost who are members of the church.)
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My husbands runs the neighborhood site using nearlyfreespeech.net
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

use google sites. It's free and you can create and edit the pages online. It's totally meant for stuff like you're doing. I will likely suggest it to our co-op preschool this fall (our first year and they have no website).

http://www.google.com/sites/overview.html

ETA: this is a great suggestion for people with little to no website building experience. It's super easy. If you can operate a word processor you can use google sites, you don't need an application to edit HTML if you use google sites.
    Last edited by larig; 07-05-2010 at 11:05 AM.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Someone here recommended weebly.com, which I now use for my jewelry site, and I absolutely love it. Its free. A pro version gets u more but not enough to ake me pay. Its a great host for me and for what u need.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

We hosted our own on our server. I bought a web address for $7 from Go Daddy and built it using Microsoft Publisher. That was it.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan