Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have the Athleta ruched one (awesome!) and I wear a bikini top under it. W/o the cover though, I would wear a tankini. No longer comfortable in a bikini in public.

I wear a sports bra under mine. I sunburn easily, and like the extra protection. I wear it with bikini type bottoms, and I think it looks pretty cute on me. Mine is from Land's End, and it has shaped seams, so its more fitted than a man's style. Everyone in our family wears rashguards for outdoor swimming, DH, DS, DD, and I. I'm too lazy to reapply sunscreen all over my kids' chests and backs multiple times a day, and DH is even more sunburn prone than I am.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wear something under!
    Unless you have small perky breasts, your fellow swimmers will appreciate some kind of top underneath.
    I was just in a jacuzzi last week, and a woman walked in with just a rash guard, and CLEARLY nothing underneath.
    It just didn't work.
    After two weeks in the sun every day I thought about getting one too. I would wear a bikini top under.
    DD
    DS

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Wear something under!
    Unless you have small perky breasts, your fellow swimmers will appreciate some kind of top underneath.
    I was just in a jacuzzi last week, and a woman walked in with just a rash guard, and CLEARLY nothing underneath.
    It just didn't work.
    After two weeks in the sun every day I thought about getting one too. I would wear a bikini top under.

With my 34 Gs, you can be sure I am wearing something under! I was just trying to figure out if I could wear a bra under! or if would be weird and need a bathing suit under!

I tried a cheap one from Academy today (on major sale) but, unfortunately it did not fit right (see above issue with bust size!) So I ordered a plus size one from Lands End. I have never ordered their plus size before, so I don't know if it will work, but I'll give it a try - with a smooth cup bra or sports bra!

Thanks!

I'm not sure that you would need a plus size from Lands End. I'm a 36 DDD at least and I fit into a medium in their rash guard.
    Al

DS 10/25/03
    DD 1/23/07

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog74 View Post
    I'm not sure that you would need a plus size from Lands End. I'm a 36 DDD at least and I fit into a medium in their rash guard.
    Yeah, I have no idea what it will fit like. I don't usually get plus sizes, but the one from Academy was such a weird fit that I panicked when placing my order... But I can return it to Sears if it doesn't work!

I wear mine with a sports bra. Very comfy, and more supportive than a bikini (at least the ones I've tried). I also got swim shorts from Land's End, since sitting on the edge of the pool was going to ruin my suit.

Bumping to top for the poster in the Lounge with same question.

Also, groundhog was right, the LE was WAY too big. Need to return that and try again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2