Default where can i buy speed bumps for the road?

our road is a cut through to a bigger neighborhood (really stupid way to go, but very popular) our road is private but no hoa, so we just found out that we can put down some speed bumps.

they need to be the kind that are removeable so that we can take them up when snow season begins (for the plows).

anyone bought such things before? where can i get them? and how pi$$ed will people be? we live on a side road. most cars travel 20mph or less, but there are a couple of old coots that drive about 40mph
    neeley

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

if it's private, then why does it matter if people are annoyed. is it clearly marked as private? (you could always put up a warning: speed bumps ahead sign)

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    if it's private, then why does it matter if people are annoyed. is it clearly marked as private? (you could always put up a warning: speed bumps ahead sign)
    well i couldn't agree more, BUT there are people that live on the road that may be annoyed as well.
    neeley

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We are actually looking into something like that for our neighborhood. DH is going batty at all the people living on the nice cul-de-sac who drive down our street way more than 20mph.......and now that DD is 2.5......

http://www.barcoproducts.com/speed_bumps.asp
    http://www.trafficsafetystore.com/Su...FVs65QodrVOdyQ
    http://www.uline.com/BL_1064/Speed-B...FcRM5QodJiijxQ

here are just a few I found when I did a google search for speed bumps. The last store my dad uses for ordering supplies for his business........the other two I have never heard of.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by neeleymartin View Post
    well i couldn't agree more, BUT there are people that live on the road that may be annoyed as well.
    Do all the people who live on the road have to agree to use them?

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    Do all the people who live on the road have to agree to use them?
    no...this is according to dh, who happens to be a police officer. not sure why they don't need to agree. i'll have to probe dh more when i see him in the am.
    neeley

if they aren't asked, they may be annoyed enough to remove your speed bumps. even if it's not legally required, it may be a smart thing to do.

So is this a private road that everyone on the street owns equally, or do you each own a particular section of it?

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010