♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default footed pjs (with snaps) in 12 mo size?

is there anywhere that makes those sleep-n-play outfits with the snaps, in 12 mo size (or larger)?

my DS has been wearing the Carter's sleep-n-plays at night, which he loves (this is one of the ones we have). we are currently using 9 mo size which he is already outgrowing, so now we are looking to get the next size (12 mo). however, Carters only has these sleep-n-plays in up to 9 mo size (at least what i've seen from the website, and in stores/outlets). from 12mo and up they have different style pajamas, which they call "1-pc pajamas". We have a couple of these (including this one), but they are different from the sleep-n-plays in that 1) they have a zipper that goes down one leg instead of snaps, and 2) the fabric is different and 3) the feet are padded. at this stage the snaps are easier to use, ds does not need padded feet (he is not yet 6 mo, cannot really stand without support) and we wanted something with either cotton or terry cloth fabric.

i have found some 1-piece pjs with snaps in 12mo, 18mo size but the feet are exposed, which isn't ideal (i'd have to put socks on ds, and he kicks them off in like 2 seconds).

i loove Carters clothing but the thing is they often have one set of styles for 0-9 mo size and another set of styles for 12-24 mo size and my DS is already in 12 mo size clothing but cannot do things that a 12mo+ toddler can do (stand, walk, etc) so it's hard to find age-appropriate clothing that fits him.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-07-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: added link i forgot to put in

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Saw them at Costco this past weekend, I think they were the Little Me brand and I believe they went up to at least 12 months in size...

oh drat, i was just at Costco the other day and didn't bother to look into baby clothes section, as i didnt' think there would be anything. argh! i will try to go again this week, thanx for the tip. i think ds has a couple of LittleMe brand of sleep-n-plays too that were a gift from my mom that we liked as well as the carters.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Little Me sleepers @ Costco have zippers as far as I know (I have only bought sizes 18M and up, but didn't notice any snaps when sorting through the piles...)

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    The Little Me sleepers @ Costco have zippers as far as I know (I have only bought sizes 18M and up, but didn't notice any snaps when sorting through the piles...)
    I only saw ones with zippers at my Costco also.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    The ones I saw definitely had snaps. I remember because I looked at them and reminisced about the whole "snaps are easier" phase. But I didn't take a close look at the sizing...probably worth going if you need to make a costco run anyway. I do remember that we used Little Me footed sleepers with snaps that were definitely 12 month size...so I know they make them!!

I will say that once our kids were sleeping through the night (8 months for us), we started buying zippered footies. The snaps were totally easier when we had to feed and change babies in the middle of the night while minimally disturbing them. Zippers are easy cuz they are quick - it just requires more manipulation of baby (bending one leg) which becomes not a big deal when you're not changing a diaper while trying not to wake baby.

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My experience with Little me is that they run, well little size wise.

ok swung by Costco today as it was on my way home. they had the Little Me footed sleepers but only zippered ones (they had one snap at the top). I did end up getting a couple anyways though in 12m and 18mo size bc they had cute prints (monkeys, cars, space, etc). ALso i liked the fabric. I am pretty much losing hope tho that i will ever find snapped sleepers in 12mo size and up. I also checked out the Little Me section in BuyBuyBaby and the snapped sleepers only went up to 9mo. oh well.having zippers is not that big of a deal for me at least (my DH is the one that hates them).

Andi98989 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I used to really like the snap ones, but we're in zippers now that DS is wearing his 9-12 month stuff. He's gotten very mobile the last few weeks and the zippers are a life saver!! If I can quick get him back onto his back I can quickly zip him up. Doing all the snaps wouldn't really happen. So, tell your DH that he will eventually learn to like the zippers.
    DS1 - Oct. '09

Momto1 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Snaps get trickier the wigglier the baby gets. There's no way DD at 14 months will sit still long enough for me to get her snapped up properly.

Zippers end up being way easier.

I do, however, have a shortie romper pj for DD that is 12-18 month size from Gap, but I'm pretty sure all their long pj's are zippers.
    WOHM to DD, born 5/4/09