Default Migraines anyone?

Been a sufferer for way too many years, relied on Excedrin and then coffee with tylenol or motrin. With DS lived through them and took nothing, this time around have been taking an expresso, which I'd rather not take. What are you guys taking that works as more natural during pregnancy? Thanks
    ---------------------------------------------------

First miracle: very lively DS November 2008

Expecting another little miracle January 2011

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ha, funny. We suffer. Honestly, I avoid triggers like the plague. Any foods, stress, dehydration, I stay far away. Once I get a headache, I can say goodbye to the next couple of days. After the baby, I often have to use the pain meds for afterpains for headaches instead.

I've had them since I was 6, it's been a nightmare. If they are that frequent talk to your ob. There are medications that are considered safe during pregnancy and bfing. I ended up needing one because tylenol and caffeine just don't cut it for migraines.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    Ha, funny. We suffer. Honestly, I avoid triggers like the plague. Any foods, stress, dehydration, I stay far away. Once I get a headache, I can say goodbye to the next couple of days. After the baby, I often have to use the pain meds for afterpains for headaches instead.

I haven't found anything migraine-specific that's not a class-C (that is, incompatible with pg or bfing). The best I know to do is get in a quiet, dark room - but that's hard to come by in a home with children....
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm also a jaw clencher. I am making a concerted effort to relax my jaw & also be good about my posture. Those affect headaches too.

I read ( in one of the various pregnancy books I had) that they believed that some migraines during pregnancy were related to spikes in blood sugar levels. That did seem to be the case for me. One of the days that I had the very worst migraines, I had gotten up that morning and eaten (eeek) an entire tube of those pillsbury cinnamon rolls - at least it was the little can.... . I also started noticing that anytime I ate lunch late, going a long time from breakfast, that I would get one too. I started focusing on trying to eat things that were low in sugar and high in protein instead for breakfast and not going too long between eating during the day and that seemed to really help. HTH.