♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default rain cover for Mac Volo? (Update!! found cheaper solution!!)

1) first off, is it worth getting one? do they work well? never considered it but now that we are in season of random showers (i'm in TX) i am thinking about possibly getting one. also, we are going on a trip to TO in a few days, Volo will be our only stroller and we will be without a car the entire time (will be walking, using public transportation) so i'm wondering if i would really need it then. during our trip, most of the time i will be out and about with DS alone so holding an umbrella over the stroller is not an option

2) is it best to get the raincover by Maclaren that is specifically for the Volo ($30), or are there cheaper/better ones that will do the trick? i'm fine with getting the $30 one, but if there is a cheaper one that i can snag someowhere fast, that would be great.

3) any B&M places that sell these raincovers? BRU has the Mac ones for $29.99 but it does not let me check if it is in my local store. thing is, i would like to get a raincover before we leave on our trip (we leave on Sunday) so i can use it then, as it will be more crucial to have one then since we won't have a car and will be doing lots of walking. the only online place that i think MIGHT be quick enough is diapers.com (they have the Mac one for $32).. if i ordered one today from diapers.com, would it likely arrive in time?

sorry for all the questions..i'm just kinda panicking now after seeing the weather report for the next week...don't want my DS to get soaked!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-09-2010 at 03:21 PM.

ok went to BuyBuyBaby and they had this rain cover for $9.99, that says it designed to fit Macs, Inglesinas, Pegs and Chiccos. well i figured it was worth a shot. dragged DS over there today and tried it out on the Volo. It FITS perfectly. yay. had a 20% coupon so it came out to $8! woo.

i would have gotten the rain cover specifically designed for the Volo, as i usually have no prob forking over extra $$ for name-brand accessories, but dude, $30 for a piece of plastic is highway robbery IMO!!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-09-2010 at 03:25 PM.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Glad you found a solution. Oddly, I threw a ton of boxes out of our attic last week. in my 1st Maclaren box...found a NIP rain cover. In my 2nd Maclaren box..found a NIP rain cover. Guess what we did when the rain was calming down yesterday... went walking with the baby in the Mac. The older DC love to don their rainboots and HA Anoraks any time it rains, even if they aren't going out! Hope your trip is fun and your baby stays dry!

that is pretty cool! interesting that most Macs used to come with rain cover and all that. guess they don't anymore (or at least my Volo didn't!)

Did you buy yours at Babies R Us? I think BRU Macs don't come with rain covers, but most others do, unless you buy on Ebay. Glad you found a good solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Did you buy yours at Babies R Us? I think BRU Macs don't come with rain covers, but most others do, unless you buy on Ebay. Glad you found a good solution!
    yes, i did. ARGH, i didnt' know that non-BRU ones come with rain covers. if i had known, i would have gotten it at BuyBuyBaby instead ($10 more than at BRU, but worth it if it came with raincover). oh well, live and learn!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Didn't know that, but there aren't any other stores in my areas that had the price I got it at.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    ok went to BuyBuyBaby and they had this rain cover for $9.99, that says it designed to fit Macs, Inglesinas, Pegs and Chiccos. well i figured it was worth a shot. dragged DS over there today and tried it out on the Volo. It FITS perfectly. yay. had a 20% coupon so it came out to $8! woo.

i would have gotten the rain cover specifically designed for the Volo, as i usually have no prob forking over extra $$ for name-brand accessories, but dude, $30 for a piece of plastic is highway robbery IMO!!
    Can I use a 20% Bed Bath & Beyond coupon for this online?

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    Can I use a 20% Bed Bath & Beyond coupon for this online?
    i don't know, i guess u can if it has a code on it? the 20% off coupon i used today was BedBath & Beyond (just got in the mail) and they accepted it in the store.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-09-2010 at 06:38 PM.

yes you can as long as it is current - I called to ask that very question today!