Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is great motivation to read! I am just getting back into the gym-thing and feeling good about it. I stood on the scale this morning and about had a stroke--I'm at my heaviest weight (non-PG) ever.

So, what do you do to stay motivated when the scale isn't budging. (I'm planning for the inevitable.)
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

Quote Originally Posted by jse107 View Post
    So, what do you do to stay motivated when the scale isn't budging. (I'm planning for the inevitable.)
    You must remember that it took long time to gain the weight so it will take time to lose it. I remember feeling like nothing was happening at first, then all of a sudden weight just started coming off slowly but surely. Be patient and don't loose sight of yoru goal. IT WILL HAPPEN if you keep on trying. Wouldn't you rather lose the weight slowly and keep it off than to go on a crash diet or exercise craze to lose weight quickly and then gain it right back? Long term weight loss takes time. Everyone I know who lost weight quickly gained it back in time. Slow and steady wins the race....
    SAHM to:

Also someone told me recently: Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels.

I remind myself of that every day. I like the feeling of (finally!) losing weight. I feel like myself again and it's been a long long time! And yes, sometimes I'm a little bit hungry but if I've already consumed my allotted calories for the day it's I'm okay with feeling a little bit hungry.
    Debbie

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I haven't read the other posts, but wanted to share my recent success. Back on Ash Wednesday, DH and I gave up sugar "for Lent" (we're not Catholic but...). So we started by giving up sugary treats and having sugar-free chocolate pudding made with skim milk for dessert. We also changed our diet, its a monotonous diet but we don't mind. For breakfast, DH has cereal with skim milk and I have a meal replacement shake. For lunch, we have trukey or ham sandwich on whole grain bread with one slice of cheese and mustard (no mayo) and usually an apple. For dinner we have lean chicken or salmon, couscous and a fresh vegetable. For dessert the pudding. We eat like this most of the time, and maybe have takeout once or twice a week. Once we got into this routine and kept it, I stopped thinking about it. Just stuck with it. DH has lost 40 lbs and I've lost almost 20 lbs. I haven't exercised at all, but DH was talking walks with DS in the stroller before it got so hot. For me the key is making it EASY. Good luck OP...you can do it!
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sidmand View Post
    Also someone told me recently: Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels.

I remind myself of that every day. I like the feeling of (finally!) losing weight. I feel like myself again and it's been a long long time! And yes, sometimes I'm a little bit hungry but if I've already consumed my allotted calories for the day it's I'm okay with feeling a little bit hungry.
    I think I said that here--I was quoting Oprah. She said, "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". That really sticks in my head b/c so much of what I had been eating was just medicore at best. I try to save my cals for things that actually taste good. I also like Michael Pollan's axiom, "If you're not hungry enough to eat an apple, then you're not hungry".
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6