Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    prats is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default make milk delicious!!

I have been drinking milk flavoured with some or the other chocolate powder like hersheys and nesquick.............does anyone have suggestions for any delicious powder or liquid that i can add to milk.............i am tired of this choco flavours now!!!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Horizon vanilla milk? They sell it in little boxes (think juice boxes).

I'm not a fan of the extra ingredients in Nesquick and Hershey's so I avoid them. But, I had a special love for chocolate milk and drank Organic Valley premade chocolate milk practically by the gallon. Explains why I gained 40lbs with ds2. That would be worth a try b/c it is delicious!!! I know it's still chocolate but it's so much better.

For a chocolate syrup that doesn't have HFCS and other stuff, Trader Joe's sells Midnight Moo. Just in case you were interested.

Beth

I drank Ovaltine when I was pregnant. I actually really developed a taste for it. I also liked Carnation Instant Breakfast. I don't like milk, so making it yummy really helped.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Carnation Instant Breakfast - I had one just about every day when I was pregnant. Protein packed and delicious. A meal replacement but only 250 calories or so (I did have mine with a bagel on very hungry days). Blend with a banana for a potassium punch and I sometimes even added a spoonful of peanut butter.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    Carnation Instant Breakfast - I had one just about every day when I was pregnant. Protein packed and delicious. A meal replacement but only 250 calories or so (I did have mine with a bagel on very hungry days). Blend with a banana for a potassium punch and I sometimes even added a spoonful of peanut butter.
    Peanut butter! I can't believe I didn't think of that! Now I wish I was pregnant just so I could drink that and not have to worry about the calories.

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Get some flavored syrups like Torani. Lots of flavors to choose from.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When I'm pregnant, I crave plain milk. It's pretty strange, considering that I usually don't drink it much.

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I hated milk when I was pg, not that I love it now. But I drank it with protinex powder - protein powder. I think it's a Brit brand, that's available in Indian stores in the US. Btw, there's mama protinex too that has some DHA, I believe.

ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Haven't tried it yet, but a pg friend suggests adding a bit of flavored coffee creamer to milk.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Another thing I did while PG was go to Starbucks or similar coffee shops and order a large steamed milk with flavored syrup. It was such a treat - divine. I think I got the idea from Parents magazine.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast