LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Vista front wheel keeps locking - UPDATED - Swapped the wheels!

The front wheel on the Vista (2010) keeps locking into the fixed position and then quickly it unlocks. It's extremely annoying!!

Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong w/ it?

ETA - Updated to say i swapped the wheels per Uppa Baby to see if the problem went away and it did. I've used it alot for 2 days w/o a problem. Now i'm lovin' my Vista!
    Last edited by LD92599; 07-24-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: ETA to Update

Take off your front wheel and make sure the locking mechanism is flush - so it's not sticking out at all. If it is sticking out at all it can catch and lock your wheel. Mine used to make "clicking noises" and that's what it ended up being on my stroller!

HTH!
    Colleen
    Mom to 2 DS (5/'04 and 1/'09)

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've never had that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mrshalco View Post
    Take off your front wheel and make sure the locking mechanism is flush - so it's not sticking out at all. If it is sticking out at all it can catch and lock your wheel. Mine used to make "clicking noises" and that's what it ended up being on my stroller!

HTH!
    I took both front wheels off, went for about a mile or so walk, and it never locked up...we'll see what happens when I go out tomorrow!

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I might try your advice with another stroller though. One of the front wheels of my MBUD keeps locking. I may take it off & try again.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If the problem is not solved, contact Uppababy CS, they're wonderful. my 2009 Vista made a clicking noise when new, I called them and they sent a new wheel, ASAP, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by edurnemk View Post
    If the problem is not solved, contact Uppababy CS, they're wonderful. my 2009 Vista made a clicking noise when new, I called them and they sent a new wheel, ASAP, no questions asked.
    I did call them today because it's still doing it; they suggested switching the wheels to see if it's just one side or not (I think it's just the right side) and then to call them back. They answered on the first ring too!

Default Update!

I switched the front wheels around and after doing so i haven't experienced any locking!