Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We're rooting for baby (and mine) to stay comfy for another 3. (Actually I would need 3.5 weeks, but who's counting?)

BTW, you spelled procardia correctly.

Totally OT, but I was talking with a friend over the weekend about the liklihood of being induced and she said it wold be awesome if I could induce on August 9th, because then the birthdate would be 8/9/10! Hadn't even occured to me!
    The OB got back to me and said not to bother going back in unless the contractions got stronger - she was less concerned about the rate of time between them (at one point I was at like 3 minutes, but they were mild contractions). I was able to take a nap, and I've been pretty good (knock on wood!) so far since then - they're now infrequent and not that strong at all. Just drinking lots of fluid and staying on the couch.
    I'm a bit concerned that I wasn't given an amount of time to "take it easy" for. Not like I'm about to go out and run a marathon or anything, but any advice? Another day or so? A week?
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethkott View Post
    Totally OT, but I was talking with a friend over the weekend about the liklihood of being induced and she said it wold be awesome if I could induce on August 9th, because then the birthdate would be 8/9/10! Hadn't even occured to me!
    The OB got back to me and said not to bother going back in unless the contractions got stronger - she was less concerned about the rate of time between them (at one point I was at like 3 minutes, but they were mild contractions). I was able to take a nap, and I've been pretty good (knock on wood!) so far since then - they're now infrequent and not that strong at all. Just drinking lots of fluid and staying on the couch.
    I'm a bit concerned that I wasn't given an amount of time to "take it easy" for. Not like I'm about to go out and run a marathon or anything, but any advice? Another day or so? A week?
    How far along are you? I would for sure be careful until 36 weeks.

As for cool induction dates, just be aware that inductions can take up to 3 days. (Although 8/9/10 is pretty cool). I know someone due in October who is hoping for a 10/10/10 birthdate.

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    How far along are you? I would for sure be careful until 36 weeks.

As for cool induction dates, just be aware that inductions can take up to 3 days. (Although 8/9/10 is pretty cool). I know someone due in October who is hoping for a 10/10/10 birthdate.
    I'm 35 weeks tomorrow.
    I had to be induced with my first - he was 3 days overdue and my fluid levels were way low. I was admitted at about 2:30 in the afternoon and he was born at 3:30am... so I guess I've just been assuming that all inductions are that quick!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethkott View Post
    I'm 35 weeks tomorrow.
    I had to be induced with my first - he was 3 days overdue and my fluid levels were way low. I was admitted at about 2:30 in the afternoon and he was born at 3:30am... so I guess I've just been assuming that all inductions are that quick!
    That's real nice. Usually they do something called a Bishop's score, to assess the likelihood of a successful induction. The higher your score is, the more likely it is. But yeah, I've had ladies come in for an induction the night before. They induce at 6 am on day 1. They keep the pump going all day & turn it off at about 6 (for supper), unless something is actually going on. Then they start again at 6. Usually those are the ladies who have a completely closed cervix & they aren't ready to have a baby.

As for low fluid inductions, I had one scheduled for 10/23 at 6 am. Sonny boy heard my plainitive cries & I went into labor at about 2 am on 10/22. Little boy made his appearance at about 5:30.

Roni is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Dd#2 was induced 13 days after my due date. It took about 12 hours before she was born. They didn't start the pitocin right away, though, because I was having contractions already, and I was GBS positive. I was expecting a much quicker delivery, and it was my birthday, so I was so not happy spending the day in labor. But, once she decided to come, it was really fast. I was about to get an epidural, and I realized it was time to push. I was so happy to not have the epidural.

I have had BH with all of my pregnancies. I think they started earlier this time. I also had false labor with both girls. I don't know if I would completely call it false labor because I was actually dilated for a long time before I went into labor/ got induced.

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm having a c-section, regardless of if I go into labor on my own or not........DH has already mentioned a few times how cool it would be if DD's birthday was 8/9/10......but I don't know if I'll go that long now.

I had always thought 8/19/10 would be neat, 'cause DD's birthday is 2/19/08 and then they'd be exactly 2.5 yrs. apart.......................but at this point I'm going to be happy with any birthday!!!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I almost had DS1 on 6/6/06 but were able to hold off until 6/10/06.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jerigirl View Post
    I almost had DS1 on 6/6/06 but were able to hold off until 6/10/06.
    lol............on one of my OB visits I stepped on the scale and weighed 166.6lbs and the nurse wouldn't write it down! She said I could pick: 165 or 167lbs, but she couldn't put down the real thing!
    It honestly didn't even occur to me about the numbers!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

So what did you pick?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast