malphy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Land of MakeBelieve hope nj

Does anybody have any experience with LOMB in Hope NJ?

It is just about an hour from me and I have been thinking of taking 3.5 yo dd there. I am asking a friend if she would like to go we/her 2 kids.

I am wondering how crowded it is on weekends. Is it a good place for us to travel an hour for?

tia
    Maggie
    dd 12/06

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This was my Kindergarten class trip. (In the spring of 1984.)

I loved it.

I had just turned 6.

IDK if it's crowded on the weekends, but maybe their customer service line can help with that?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

We went there on a whim last year. We went the end of August during the week. We had a great time! There is a huge waterpark, which seemed to be the hit of the whole park. I would recommend getting there right when it opens though. We didn't realize how quickly the lounge chairs fill up - and stay "taken" all day. Go first to the waterpark - put your stuff down and then decide if you want to stay there or go to the rides.

There were very few lines at the amusement park side of the park. Some of the rides reminded me of carnival rides then actual amusement park rides. The park was clean and everyone was friendly. There was plenty of food vendors. The food, from what I remember, was pretty reasonably priced but I think you are allowed to bring in a cooler (that's even more reasonable! ) The one bad thing I can think of was there were a TON of bees around. I don't know if it was the time we went or if it was an all summer thing.

Hope you go and have a lot of fun!
    Colleen
    Mom to 2 DS (5/'04 and 1/'09)