Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Recommend Your Face Soap

Both my dh and I use Cetaphil and love it. Trying to avoid parabens though. Can you recommend your healthier alternative?

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

you might like something from this brand at Sephora

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_...oscia&view=all

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

in the am I use Kiehl's Blue Herbal gel cleanser, and in the PM during the summer months I use Earth Science Clarifying. At night during the rest of the year I use a creamier cleanser. Beauty Without Cruelty's Herbal ream is my favorite (but be warned it's herbally so it stinks a bit.

DH uses Dove.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Which soap I use depends on the time of year but love the soaps here.
    http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/
    If I run low I have used Dr. Bronners and it's been fine. http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/OBLA05...nicBarSoap.htm

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Purpose.

I used to use Dr. Hauschka cleansing milk which worked well but is quite pricey, but have recently switched to this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/50778954...-tree-charcoal it's all natural, and I'm liking it a lot.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    Purpose.
    Purpose has SLS in it ... my best friend has been using purpose for YEARS though and loves it!

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've been using coconut oil and/or jojoba oil and I've been very happy. At night, I use it in the shower and wipe off excess with a wash cloth. In the morning I just use water. My skin feels very balanced. I know a few others on this board do the same (thanks for the rec by the way).

I like the Boscia purifying cleanser--I think the Sephora link was for Boscia--and I also really like Caudalie's foaming cleanser, also at Sephora. Don't know your skin type though. Think both lines are very free of additives.

Try Sephora online. They have a nice selection of 'natural' cosmetics and you get to choose samples when you order. I also like the Ole Henrickson cleanser but the rest of the line is very pricey. Actually so is Caudalie...but the cleansers aren't bad price-wise.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by athompson View Post
    I've been using coconut oil and/or jojoba oil and I've been very happy. At night, I use it in the shower and wipe off excess with a wash cloth. In the morning I just use water. My skin feels very balanced. I know a few others on this board do the same (thanks for the rec by the way).
    This is pretty much what I do also.
    I do jojoba oil, but I am pretty lazy about it. I usually put it on, then wipe off with warm wet cloth. At night, I will then put more back on and leave on as my moisturizer. In the shower, I just usually use water - sometimes whatever soap I am using on my body (Which tends to be a plain unscented one - I don't do well with scents)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast