Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gibas23 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I use Lush comestic Ultrabland or my homemade cleansing oil (1/3 castor, 1/3 jojoba, 1/3 sweet almond) to remove sunscreen and makeup and then use chagrin valley's rhassoul soap on top of it.

For really deep cleansing, I love the Aztec clay (affordable at $6 for 1 lb jar in WF) mixed with apple cider vinegar or yogurt or fresh fruit juice. The clay soaks out everything...

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm a total oil cleansing method convert thanks to these boards. I use 1/3 castor, 2/3 jojoba and a few drops of tea tree. Love it.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I'm a total oil cleansing method convert thanks to these boards. I use 1/3 castor, 2/3 jojoba and a few drops of tea tree. Love it.
    I am intrigued. Tell me more. I have normally oily skin to begin with. And, I wear glasses so sometimes I often get oil smudges on the lenses that drive me bonkers. Would this method be worth trying?

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I am intrigued. Tell me more. I have normally oily skin to begin with. And, I wear glasses so sometimes I often get oil smudges on the lenses that drive me bonkers. Would this method be worth trying?
    http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
    I was very faithful at one point to this method. My skin looked great, felt soft, glowed. I need to get back to it!
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

A couple more links...
    http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OIL...i-t141871.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_cleansing_method
    http://simplemom.net/oil-cleansing-method/

wanted to add also that my skin did best with olive oil, but others find different oils work better for them. A bit of trial and error is needed to find your match!
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I'm oily in the t-zone and tend to break out with my cycle each month. The tea tree oil really keeps that in check.

For me the key is really taking at least 2mins, to message the oils in. Then I let it sit on my face a few more minutes while I let the water in the sink or shower heat up. There's lots of options for customizing your personal mix.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2