Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    568

    Default Bikini wax while pregnant?

    I've never had one before and I realize now may not be the best time. Has anyone had experience getting waxed "down there" while pg? Should I reconsider?
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

  2. #2
    elektra's Avatar
    elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    11,036

    Default

    It hurts like a MUGG during pregnancy FYI. I had a wax right before a Hawaii trip at 6 months pregnant, and I would probably do it again because who wants to deal with bikini line issues when you are 6 months preggo and in a bathing suit every day for a week, but dude, it hurt pretty bad. More blood flow to the area I think is the reason.
    My plan was to go back again right before my due date to be all nice and neat for delivery, but that was not going to happen.
    DD - 9
    DS - 7

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    I get it done once a month and it's no biggie for me, but I've been waxing for years. I think it hurts the most when you have your period, and of course you don't deal with that for at least 9 months when pregnant.

    I just get the "V" style and always have, as I've never been interested in going all bare/Brazilian/etc. Just enough so I can wear a bathing suit and not be self conscious.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

  4. #4
    elektra's Avatar
    elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    11,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luckytwenty View Post
    I get it done once a month and it's no biggie for me, but I've been waxing for years. I think it hurts the most when you have your period, and of course you don't deal with that for at least 9 months when pregnant.

    I just get the "V" style and always have, as I've never been interested in going all bare/Brazilian/etc. Just enough so I can wear a bathing suit and not be self conscious.
    See I used to be a somewhat regular waxer too (don't ask the state of the union these days though! ) but the pregnant one really did a number on me. I mean yes, it hurts just normally, but I had to take a knee after the one at 6mo.
    BUT, I went all out, playboy, brazillian, whatever your place calls it. Leaving just a patch in front.

    So this is probably great advice to just go more minimal on the sides. Because I think the whole underneath part was what did me in, not the sides IYKWIM.
    DD - 9
    DS - 7

  5. #5
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,012

    Default

    I honestly have enough baring down there at the doctor once in a blue moon. I'm not in a rush to do it at the salon either. I usually do my own maintenance, but I have a big ole belly in the way at the moment. My state of the union is probably shocking.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Because I think the whole underneath part was what did me in, not the sides IYKWIM.
    I have had that whole underneath part done before, and that area is indeed very tender! I don't think the sides are nearly as sensitive. Honestly, an upper lip wax (which I also need while PG) is a lot more painful.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

  7. #7
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,012

  8. #8
    ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    Not that model, but similar ones made for personal trimming. They do an okay job, but tend to chafe or scrape a bit when you can't see what you're doing because of a preggo belly and things are already sensitive from being pg.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    568

    Default

    I usually do my own grooming too, but now it's like my arms aren't long enough. And it's getting to the point where I'm afraid my midwife will do an impromptu exam and I won't be ready! She usually doesn't, but it would be just my luck.
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

  10. #10
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ewpmsw View Post
    Not that model, but similar ones made for personal trimming. They do an okay job, but tend to chafe or scrape a bit when you can't see what you're doing because of a preggo belly and things are already sensitive from being pg.
    Advice? Something better? I wax my brows & lip, but I do draw the line there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •