Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help. Numbness under left armpit and side of that breast

Not sure if my bra is just a little to small or what. I know my bra has been irritating me lately. Today after swimming after we got home I was rubbing where my bra has been irritating to me and noticed that the area is partly numb. I can feel that I am touching the area but it is not the same sensation as the other side. DD also had cracked my nipple and then I got a milk bleb so not sure if that has anything to do with it but that has healed (never had a white string of milk come out like I read about though could happen).

I feel perfectly fine otherwise. I have been braless now for 30+ mins and the feeling is not returning as I was reading that maybe my bra was on a nerve or something.

Not sure if I should go to the doc or not. Thoughts of what it could be?

Thanks, LM
    ~Sun

writermama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Call your primary care physician ASAP.

It could be as simple as a pinched nerve, but even that might take some manual therapy or anti-inflammatory medication to calm down a muscle pinching the nerve.

Don't panic, but call.

Wait. Are you saying that the feeling of numbness/differentness is gone now, after 30 mins of not wearing the bra? If so, don't put on that bra again and see if the feeling comes back.

If not, call your doc asap.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeofUs View Post
    Wait. Are you saying that the feeling of numbness/differentness is gone now, after 30 mins of not wearing the bra? If so, don't put on that bra again and see if the feeling comes back.

If not, call your doc asap.
    I still had the numbness even after 30 mins w/out a bra. Actually, I still have it now and think it spread some.

My doc can see me on Monday! Whoever the phone person talked too thought it was something with my nerve or pulled something and not to worry. We shall see though!

I wore a cami w/a loose fitting self-bra yesterday and today I have a loose fitting sport bra on since it does not dig in like my nursing bras do. The numbness starts at the top part of wear my nursing bra lays against my body. Guess I will call again if it gets any worse as I certainly do not want it to effect DD's milk supply.
    ~Sun

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, definitely call again if it gets worse. No one's said it explicitly, but we worry it could be a worst case scenario of a heart attack or stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
    Yes, definitely call again if it gets worse.
    Yeah freakin' that. Please call them if it's spreading, ok? Might not be a big deal, but it's better to be a little conservative, you know?
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If it were me, I'd be headed to the emergency room. NOT that it's probably anything awful - it's almost certainly just a nerve thing - but it *could* be something more serious and I wouldn't let an answering service stand in the way of getting it checked out ASAP!

Good luck & hope you feel better.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

I have a few more mins before the office opens back up so I will call to let them know and see what they see. Yeah, I have been researching and SIL3 had a breast cancer scare while preggo w/her DD2 (everything ok though) and that was the 1st thing that popped into my mind.

Now, I am not sure if it is just me if if the main spot itches some now.
    ~Sun

Well, it got worse again bc at time especially this morning it KILLED me to BF on my left side. My doc finally got me in tomorrow. I called my old LLL leader (did not start going in my new state) bc a friend of mine based on what I was telling her thought it could be mastitis (she had it like 10 times with her son). So now I have to wait and see for tomorrow.
    ~Sun

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have had mastitis a few times and I did not feel numbness. Pain while nursing, yes, knock you out flu symptoms with high fever, yes, but numbness, no. Good luck tomorrow.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast