Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default What are you using for a going home from the hospital outfit for baby?

So, what are all the newborns wearing home from the hospital/birthing center/home birth?

Do you all do the special going home outfit?

And where should I buy mine? I marched off to the consignment store today to shop but DH is insisting that a going home outfit should be new. So, if you have any ideas for me for a white or yellow or otherwise gender neutral, not too modern looking outfit for an August baby let me know!
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I had this thing that the first clothes ds2 wore needed to be organic, natural, no sweatshops... so I bought some American Apparel things (onesies and hats) and Under the Nile stuff.

Beth

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought an outfit from Nordstrom but ended up having my MIL go through DS1's baby outfits and bringing us a few other options...during a streak of 90+ degree days, we went home when it was in the 70's! Plus the outfit i'd bought was a 0-3 months and it was HUGE. Still is...still has the tags on!

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just have a few cute long sleeve side snap onesies. And matching pants, socks and hat. One is from target and the other is from gap. We tried to do the cute outfit for DD1 and it just wasn't practicle for swaddeling her, putting her in the carseat, nursing and diaper changes.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got a cute outfit for ds at newforbaby.com

Also gymboree sleepers are awesome if you have small kiddos. They have cute ones right now.
    Girls: http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_it...ed=0&fit_type=
    Boys: http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_it...ed=0&fit_type=

Also Carters has nice layette.

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My mom bought a newborn size Kissy Kissy outfit--including a side snap long sleeve t-shirt, pants and hat. It was the first time the going home outfit actually fit one of my kids bc I had always avoided buying newborn size clothing.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

sads is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

My mom had bought an adorable kissy kissy outfit for DD1 too, but she was so tiny (5 lbs, 7 oz, although full-term) that she ended up coming home in a side-snap tee, diapers, and blanket. For DD2, my sister has bought me a beautiful newborn outfit from a local boutique, I'm praying it'll fit! Since she's already overdue, I'm assuming she won't be as small as DD1.
    DD1 born 2/08
    DD2 born 7/10

Oh I love kissy kissy. DS's bris outfit was from them. My mother scoured the planet for it.

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Speaking of bringing baby home outfits.. if you are expecting a decent size baby say 8-9 pounds would you bring a newborn outfit or a 0-3? Seems like in the past I've thought 0-3 but then the baby is swimming in it! Just curious to see what others think.
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

My question is whether I use a preemie or a newborn outfit. I'll probably prepare one of each & have my mother or DH bring what ends up being pertinent. I'm not going to buy new, I have plenty at home. I'll see what I need later.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast