Thread: Toronto Zoo

Default Toronto Zoo

I posted this in the travel forum but maybe someone here can help me.

We're going to Toronto. Would love to take the kids to the Toronto Zoo. Does anyone know if there are coupons available?

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm in the Toronto area. We have seasons passes so I don't pay that much attention to coupons. I know that at Shoppers Drug Mart (the main pharmacy chain here)http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Home.aspx you can often get discounted tickets to lots of area attractions. You might have to be a Shoppers Optimum Club member, but it is free to join, so in theory you could join and then buy the discounted passes.

I can't think of any other coupons right now, but I can ask around if anyone knows. I will likely be in Shoppers Drug Mart sometime over the next week and I can check if they offer discount tickets while I am there.

The zoo is lots of fun, have a great trip!
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

Thanks for the reply.

My in-laws live in Toronto but they have no idea about these things. I think they have a Shoppers Drug Mart card, not sure if it's Optimum or not tho. How do we find out if there are zoo discounts? Do I have to go to the store and ask? Do I buy the tickets at the store?

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think that you buy the tickets through Shoppers. You can try to call Shoppers and ask if they are selling discounted Zoo tickets this year.

If you plan to go to any other attractions in Toronto, there is the Citypass which is a good deal.
    http://www.citypass.com/toronto

Something else to consider is - depending on how many kids you have and their ages (under age 4 is free) and if you plan to buy zoomobile tickets, sometimes it works out to be less expensive to buy a family membership. Membership includes the zoomobile. You can certainly enjoy the zoo without the zoomoile, although it is a lot of walking, but some people like to take the tour so I figured I'd mention it.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6