Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boobs

Default Boobs

Have gone from a 32D to a 36D. Pregnancy not yet over. Milk not yet in. I am frightened.
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Yeah, try going from a 34B (small B at that) to a 36DD...at barely 22 weeks in. I guess the one consolation is that it's a good sign for BF later down the road. I had a friend whose boobs never changed size and she had to FF b/c of really low supply. I know it's not a hard/fast rule, but there is some science behind it.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You're probably looking at F or G material once your little one arrives. Just preparing you!
    Start looking into the Bravado tanks and bras.
    DD
    DS

I was a 34C/D and am now in a Bravado large, which is around a 38DD or so (last time I was measured, that was my size, but I was only 14 or 15 weeks then.)

After weaning the other two times, I was back in my prepregnancy bras, a little smaller actually than how I'd started out.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ok, this is the ONE thing that I loved about being PG. I went from a 34B to a 36D. I finally got boobs! It was so different. I have to say, now that I've returned toa 34C, I loved it. Now, back to my deflated reality.......
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
    Ok, this is the ONE thing that I loved about being PG. I went from a 34B to a 36D. I finally got boobs! It was so different. I have to say, now that I've returned toa 34C, I loved it. Now, back to my deflated reality.......
    I'm with you...loved my pregnancy/breast feeding boobs! 36B to 38C/D. Now I've deflated to a 36A. A!!! Ugh. If I ever decide to get implants, at least I know what I looked like with a C/D!
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was a 34B, at my biggest I can be a scary 36-38E. The last few times were different because I was nursing when I got pregnant. So I didn't get markedly bigger during pregnancy, only when my milk came in.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsmama View Post
    Yeah, try going from a 34B (small B at that) to a 36DD...at barely 22 weeks in. I guess the one consolation is that it's a good sign for BF later down the road. I had a friend whose boobs never changed size and she had to FF b/c of really low supply. I know it's not a hard/fast rule, but there is some science behind it.
    This isn't really true - pregnancy breast size changes are related to pg hormones. Women who are unable to BF will still have breast size changes when pg. And women whose breasts don't change much in size when pg will have breast size changes post partum and nurse like champs (spoken from experience)!
    Last edited by citymama; 07-20-2010 at 01:14 AM.

for Sandy Hook

I think I'm the only one whose boobs pretty much stayed the same size during pregnancy. I'm small to begin with. They only got slightly bigger during breastfeeding, but not enough to change bra size.
    Last edited by lchang25000; 07-20-2010 at 12:30 AM.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lchang25000 View Post
    I think I'm the only one whose boobs pretty much stayed the same size during pregnancy. I'm small to begin with. They only got slightly bigger during breastfeeding, but not enough to change bra size.
    I think smaller women probably don't have as much change in size? My size didn't change much during the first pregnancy, and I was slightly bigger during BFing the first time (no supply problems at all despite this!). The second time, my size did change a little more during pregnancy, and my bra size has changed more during nursing too.

for Sandy Hook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast