Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: did u shave??

prats is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default did u shave??

i cant believe i am actually asking this but..... did anyone shave completely down there before your due date?waxing is out of question coz its too painful.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would have if I could have reached/seen the area, but, as it was, shaving my LEGS was hard enough!!!

Good luck.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No. Not in preparation for any of my births.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I did not shave my last pregnancy & labor, and always thought what the hell my doctor's seen it all. But now after reading so many care enough to be presentable down there, I think I feel a little embarrassed and I have decided next time I will do what it takes to get that neat look.
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

I hate to be crude and all, but having seen many women have babies, not that many really cared about being 'presentable'. Next point, the doctors, midwives, nurses, etc, don't care either.

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I totally agree with swissair. I would just worry about yourself. I didn't do anything more than a normal shave of the legs. I really doubt your ob or midwife or nurse will even notice. And think about how uncomfortable it could be when the hair grows back!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

Quote Originally Posted by Beth24 View Post
    I totally agree with swissair. I would just worry about yourself. I didn't do anything more than a normal shave of the legs. I really doubt your ob or midwife or nurse will even notice. And think about how uncomfortable it could be when the hair grows back!
    If I cared about anything at all, it would be to give myself an enema when I go into labor. I'm sure you can guess why. I'd probably shave my legs too, but I'm not prone to uncontrollable hairiness, so maybe not.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by prats View Post
    i cant believe i am actually asking this but.....
    Dude, that's why we're here. Seriously, whatever your topic of discomfort or ickiness or TMI, who else ya gonna ask but strangers on a message board who have no idea who you are and you don't have to look in the eye but will tell you what you wanna know?
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Dude, that's why we're here. Seriously, whatever your topic of discomfort or ickiness or TMI, who else ya gonna ask but strangers on a message board who have no idea who you are and you don't have to look in the eye but will tell you what you wanna know?
    Ask all the questions you would never ask your friends.

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    I hate to be crude and all, but having seen many women have babies, not that many really cared about being 'presentable'. Next point, the doctors, midwives, nurses, etc, don't care either.

that was totally the very last thing on my mind. Seriously. Besides, who needs the itch you're inevitably going to get when you're trying to recover?

ETA: I was way more concerned about pooping during delivery, which I did not do, but it was my irrational concern in the moment (funny what we all worry about).

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast