Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Farewell, wedding rings. And shoes.

Well, this is a sad day. I've packed up my lovely engagement and wedding ring. They have been gradually getting tighter and tighter, and today I almost dislocated my knuckle trying to remove them. They'll be living in the jewelry box until this baby is born.

Got this one from Target to replace them. (Two sizes larger than usual!)
    http://www.target.com/Sterling-Silve...archPage=1&rh=

I fear shoes are next.

I've only gained 8lbs so far and still, nothing fits. I am so excited about being pregnant. But um...not through the Hottest Summer Ever.
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My rings have been packed away for about a month now. They fit fine in the morning, I just can't get them off at night. As for shoes, I am wearing a pair of lined crocs every day.

My husband has mine around his neck.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It could just be a summer issue. You never know! The warm made me swell more but I was ok later on.

Beth

Since it got super hot and humid, I have been wearing my grandmother's wedding ring, which is a 7--my engagement/wedding rings were a 5. And every day, my feet have red marks on them by the time I am home from work. Fun stuff!!
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

When my rings wouldn't fit anymore, I put them on a gold chain around my neck.

Beth

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

With DD1 who was a July baby, I had to remove them at about 7mos. With DD2 who was a Dec baby I was able to wear them the entire time. So, summer, IMO, definitely has a negative impact.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I also put my rings away about a month ago. My fingers were already sensitive to heat pre-pregnancy, but baking a baby definitely increases the swelling.

As for shoes, I'm either in flip flops, slip-on flats, or in my sneakers with the laces just tucked in.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A friend of mine used this opprotunity to upgrade herself to a bigger diamond when she got her cz ring.

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have been lucky so far with the rings. But boy am I glad I can just slip on a pair of flip flops. Having to put socks and shoes on in the winter really sucked.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast