Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question How many pairs of training underpants should I get?

My daughter on a daily basis will either tell me she has gone, tell me she has to go but refuses to sit in the potty and/or refuses to let me put a fresh diaper on her. (She prefers no diaper at all.)
    I'm taking these as signs she's ready for the next step in the potty evolution.
    My husband thinks letting her run free sans underpants for three days to get her to potty is all kinds of disgusting so the next best thing I think is to try training underpants.
    So far everything I have read says not to spend too much money and stick with Gerber's. I guess my question is just how many pairs should I buy initially?
    Also, since DH thinks toddlers naturally fall asleep on their own and learn to use the potty naturally, I'm gathering I'm going to be doing the brunt of this and DH may not be willing to deal with the training pants. Because of such, do you think having her wear training pants when it's just us and diapers when she's with daddy or long trips going to confuse and make things harder? Thoughts?
    Thanks.
    Post script: I broached the subject of underpants and DH responded that I'm jumping the gun and until she learns that the potty is wear she pees and poops, that she should stick with diapers. I'm not sure how he thinks she's going to realize this. He thinks that I may have harmed the potty training and caused her to regress because around 18 months, I would bring her to the potty in the morning and let her sit on her potty while I went to the potty. Back then she peed 50% of the time in the potty. I never pushed her but just allowed her to sit on it sans diaper while I was in the bathroom freshing up. In any case, I'm on my own on this.
    Last edited by pantrygirl; 07-15-2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Mom, Wife and Finder of lost items
    AP-er, Breastfeeder, Babywearing, No Circ Mama