Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn't notice the noise, but maybe that's what woke me up and I was too sleepy to realize it. I definitely felt the shake, though. CRAZY!

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    When was it? I saw news coverage of it, but never felt a thing myself, and I'm only about 45 minutes away.
    I'm a California gal before this, so actually tornadoes scare the pants off of me much more than earthquakes
    I'm from tornado country & they scare the pants off me too.

ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Out-of-state folks have emailed to ask if we felt the earthquake, but I guess we're too far south of NoVA to have felt it. VA gets them from time to time, but they're usually pretty mild. The only one I recall experiencing sounded like thunder moving across the ground.

Another tornado country native - I have nightmares about them all the time, ever since those tornado drills in elementary school.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ewpmsw View Post
    Out-of-state folks have emailed to ask if we felt the earthquake, but I guess we're too far south of NoVA to have felt it. VA gets them from time to time, but they're usually pretty mild. The only one I recall experiencing sounded like thunder moving across the ground.

Another tornado country native - I have nightmares about them all the time, ever since those tornado drills in elementary school.
    Do they test the tornado siren monthly where you are from? I remember thinking the drills were so stupid. It wasn't like they brought us in the basement. We just sat in the locker hallways & put our heads down.

I am 0.75 miles from the epicenter and did not wake up. (DS had kept me up until 2:30 so I guess I was pretty soundly asleep!)
    Lindsay

DD 12/06
    DS 08/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2