Question Any braless (especially BF) Mamas here?

Okay, with what ever I have my bras irritate it so I have decided unless I have to I will not wear a bra. I am not comfortable like this as I am always making sure my pads are in place since I have a very strong let down still (DD 13.5 months).

I do workout almost every day so not sure how that will play into effect. I can get away with no bra in the water but if I run on the treadmill this might be hard. Thinking I might have to get a few more tighter fitting shirts to wear under my top for the day.

Suggestions? Pointers? Any thing that can help me during this time! Thank you, LM
    ~Sun

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wear a bra when out and about but at home, no, even when breastfeeding.

Beth

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have you tried the nursing tanks? I LOVE them.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infocrazy View Post
    Have you tried the nursing tanks? I LOVE them.

for Sandy Hook

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post

/hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I sometimes wear just lilly padz to contain the letdown. Also like nursing tanks. I wear a medela "sleep" bra alot as well since it's more comfy for me.

Had 1 long time ago with DS1 but given my 6' ht it was to short that I kept pulling on it. Sure there are other brands now. Plus, anything that hits my bra area irritates the spots that I am trying to not have any pressure and my tanks that have self-bras in them even bother the area I am trying to avoid.

I have the medela sleep bra and it is not bad as that is what I was in before but no bra just feels so much better. My friend pointed the lilly padz out to me the other day (before all this started) so I may have to look into them more if they just would attach to me.

Thanks though.
    ~Sun

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, definately try nursing tanks-- preferably the Bravado ones. Sometimes when I'm going to be out of the house all day I'll wear a Bravado tank under my shirt instead of a bra since it has it's own molded shelf bra built in and when you nurse in it your stomach and back stay covered. I never wear a nursing bra at home, but I don't leak any more either.

Breakoutbras.com has them on sale right now and you can get an additional 10% off with the code "BBASH2010."
    http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/bresnubrata.html
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I often went braless at home, especially after the first few months, when leaking slowed down. I always kept a burp cloth handy to soak up any leakage during letdown.

I agree with others that nursing tanks can be very comfortable. I'm actually wearing a Glamourmom one right now (and DS2 weaned months ago) because it's so comfortable, and I love the long length.

I also wore the Motherhood Sleep Bras a lot. They are really lightweight, nonconstricting, and comfy. They don't offer much support, but I'm small-chested and didn't need much.
    http://www.motherhood.com/maternity/bras-sleep-bras.asp
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)