WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default What are your kids' favorite Playmobil sets?

I busted out an older Camping/RV set since we were going camping for my birthday this weekend. DD (newly 4) spent at least 3 hours playing with it in a 24 hour period.

Which other ones should we be trying to acquire? Already stored from consignment/yard sales - all older sets:
    -sea plane
    -small doctor/dentist set of some sort
    -soccer
    -horse jumping
    Last edited by WatchingThemGrow; 07-17-2010 at 08:43 PM.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've got boys so we have lots of knights and lots of pirates. We also have a medical helicopter, small vet set, rescue helicopter, firemen, deep sea divers, ocean boat, coast guard boat, etc.
    K

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

vehicles get the most play here. The minivan is popular. DS has the car repair and tuning shop and the car that goes w/ that has been a favorite of his.

They have a jeep/horsetrailer set (maybe a good add on if you have horses already? DD is horse crazy so YMMV).

we have a castle, RV, pirate stuff, and the horse barn set from Costco last year. I bought an old store set (cash register, conveyor belt, shopping cart, etc.) on ebay and that's fun but doesn't get as much play as some of our other items. I like that one though

I've considered the ice cream shop or the "cafe" add on set (coffee maker, bakery display case). Maybe the vet set (could be good with the horses??)

Oh, we have a bigger swimming pool set (has a little shower that you can pump water out of) and that is a lot of fun especially this time of year.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

i got the one i call "skull island" ( i don't know if that's anywhere near the official set name) at the border's sale last year for a dollar (i bought two). i sent one to my nephew this past easter (he loves it) and we just got ours out the other day and it gets lots of play so far.. lucy likes to have us help her set it up, we use the canon a couple times then she insists that she and i "dress up like pirates" and i play the "pirate song" (disney's yo, ho,ho which i play on her toy piano). she's only 2.5 , so the set is a little "mature" (it has swords, and, er, guns...and of course the skull and the canon)....dh really likes the set too. it's got lots of detail and you can shove all the pieces in the carrying case.

we also have the advent calender (the one with all the woodland animals, and the fairy one which we haven't opened yet) and the nativity set that lucy really enjoyed during the holidays. she loves all the little pieces. i have the little portable doll house set from a few years ago that i haven't given her yet- i'm sure it will be a hit. she saw the firetruck at target yesterday and went crazy for it- does anyone have that? is it fun?

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD is over the moon about the new Mermaid line. example
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

dd has the hospital (i'm a nurse & she supposedly wants to be one too)
    she also has the zoo

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My 6 yo DD plays with the vehicles, people, animals and house accessories the most. The play sets I have bought have never gotten much play time. We do best buying the smaller sets vs the big sets. Whats funny is that the item she plays with all the time is a set of fences, they are an add on accessory pack for like $5. She builds a fence and uses it as a animal pen, daycare, hospital, etc!

DD does want a house for Christmas and I think it would get a lot of play time because she plays with her FP loving family house all the time, she just uses playmobil accessories vs the FP accessories.

The zoo set I bought for xmas last yr was the biggest waste of money. She played with the animals but never the set.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

baileygirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Target has had some sets up clearance recently.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

One that I forgot to mention is a gas station we have. It was sold at ridgeroad as a "bag" set meant to add on to another set, but we use it by itself. Great for all of the PM vehicles and DS uses it w/ non PM vehicles too.

Looks like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-7697.../dp/B000GFHGQU
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The Jumbo Jet and the police van have been huge hits here
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions