Default Pics/Review of the Pognae Korean SSC!!!

Just thought I'd share as some of you may remember that I was searching for the perfect carrier for me and my 18 month old. And the winner is...the Pognae! I tested the Pikkolo, BabyHawk Oh Snap, and Boba 2G carriers before deciding on this one. If you have a petite frame like me, then I think you'll love it!!

Here are a few of my thoughts:
    DS did not care for the Pikkolo and neither did I. At least, not without the support belt for an additional $10-22 depending where you order from. All the other ones come with a padded waist/belt built in so why should I have to pay more for an additional part? I was told by the owner where I ordered the Pikkolo from that his wife did fine without the support belt and that petite ppl find it bulky. But without it, it rubbed against my hip bone as I walked and made it uncomfortable and itchy. Can't say how it is with the support belt. It tightened down ok, but still a little loose. Major pro is that it can be worn on the hip, front facing in AND out, and back carry though.

The Oh Snap was a beautiful carrier...love the patterns available, but was a big fail in the fit department . Way too big overall...both waist and shoulders did not tighten down enough for me. I only fooled with it a little bit and it was more cumbersome than I anticipated so it went straight back in the box to be returned.

The Boba 2G was a very close contender before I decided on the Pognae. I did have to tighten the Boba all the way down to get it to work for me, but I liked the adjustable built-in foot straps for your LO. It allows their legs to be at a 90 degree angle making it more comfortable for the child supposedly. But it can only be used from 1 yrs. old to 4 yrs. old. Even though I was looking for a carrier for my toddler, I still wanted the option I guess to have a carrier I could use from newborn till whenever in case I end up having another baby some day.

And now on to why the Pognae won it for me:
    I much prefer the softness of the Boba and Pognae carriers vs. the Pikkolo and Oh Snap. The Pognae comes with an infant head support insert (although I didn't try it out since I don't need it with my 18 month old) that you can attach by velcro, and it can be used from approx. 7+ lbs. up till 44 lbs. I think. It came with a Korean instruction manual so that's why I'm not sure about the exact conversion from kg to lbs. The carrier was easy to adjust/use though so I didn't need the manual anyways. The seatback where your LO's back or tooshie is (depending if infant or toddler) can also zip down to reveal a mesh lining for better air flow in hot weather. We live in hot, humid weather so it's a plus for us . The attachable hood to support baby's head if he/she falls asleep is hidden in a zippered compartment. But I think my favorite thing about it is that it has elastic bands attached so that you can roll up the loose straps so no more long straps hanging ! And the Pognae was the only carrier of the ones I tried that I didn't have to tighten down all the way in the waist. I still have a little room to go if I ever lost more weight (not that I think that'll happen or needs to happen) . And the final plus...it was the cheapest carrier of them all at $87.99 total from ebay plus 8% Bing CB!! Well, that's all I can think of for now folks. You can check out all the patterns on gmarket @ http://item.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/...h_keyword=ergo.

I got the elephant print, but I so heart the Pigret print if I ever have a girl..hehe...also comes in solids and a cool military print for daddies! I included a few pics of the Boba 2G in my album as well. The comparison pic is of the Boba and Pognae. Check it out: http://picasaweb.google.com/10211282...TB98mS3dy1tAE#
    Last edited by FieryOne1231; 07-18-2010 at 01:23 AM.
    Mommy to a "Fiery" DS we so lovingly call "The Beast" 12/31/08
    And our newest summer addition DS2 7/8/12

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Wow, thanks for the awesome review and pics! I just got my Pikkolo in the mail yesterday and hope I have a better experience with it than you did. I'm using it for an 11 lb 2 month old so hopefully it will be more comfortable for me - let's see. I had read about the Pognae on TBW but the Korean website intimidated me! So is it more like the Ergo or Pikkolo in terms of where it sits and how it adjusts? Enjoy, and congrats!

for Sandy Hook

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Both you and your DS are adorable! I love the elephant print too. It looks really cozy.
    DD
    DS

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I had read about the Pognae on TBW but the Korean website intimidated me! So is it more like the Ergo or Pikkolo in terms of where it sits and how it adjusts?
    That's exactly what prompted me to try it! Haha..I'm not Korean so I understand how it can be intimidating, but I just scrolled down and looked at the pics mainly . I can't say if it's like an Ergo because I've never seen or tried an Ergo, but that's what they seem to compare it to. It is easily adjustable like the Pikkolo, but I think it sits a little higher than a Pikkolo. Or maybe just because the Pognae fit me better in the waist??

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Both you and your DS are adorable! I love the elephant print too. It looks really cozy.
    Adorable in my 30's?...I'll certainly take that!! Thanks, but I think DS steals the show every time

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Love my Pikkolo, but I want one! Did you order it on ebay?

Yup, sure did! You should get one in the Pigret print and post pics here so I can admire it

I'm so glad I came across this carrier! Thanks for your review and your pics!! I am petite as well and I've been looking at carriers for a long time and I think I might order this one! You guys are so cute Thanks for your reviw again

You're very welcome! What pattern are you getting? Let me know how you like it when you get it