Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pics/Review of the Pognae Korean SSC!!!

Just thought I'd share as some of you may remember that I was searching for the perfect carrier for me and my 18 month old. And the winner is...the Pognae! I tested the Pikkolo, BabyHawk Oh Snap, and Boba 2G carriers before deciding on this one. If you have a petite frame like me, then I think you'll love it!!

Here are a few of my thoughts:
    DS did not care for the Pikkolo and neither did I. At least, not without the support belt for an additional $10-22 depending where you order from. All the other ones come with a padded waist/belt built in so why should I have to pay more for an additional part? I was told by the owner where I ordered the Pikkolo from that his wife did fine without the support belt and that petite ppl find it bulky. But without it, it rubbed against my hip bone as I walked and made it uncomfortable and itchy. Can't say how it is with the support belt. It tightened down ok, but still a little loose. Major pro is that it can be worn on the hip, front facing in AND out, and back carry though.

The Oh Snap was a beautiful carrier...love the patterns available, but was a big fail in the fit department . Way too big overall...both waist and shoulders did not tighten down enough for me. I only fooled with it a little bit and it was more cumbersome than I anticipated so it went straight back in the box to be returned.

The Boba 2G was a very close contender before I decided on the Pognae. I did have to tighten the Boba all the way down to get it to work for me, but I liked the adjustable built-in foot straps for your LO. It allows their legs to be at a 90 degree angle making it more comfortable for the child supposedly. But it can only be used from 1 yrs. old to 4 yrs. old. Even though I was looking for a carrier for my toddler, I still wanted the option I guess to have a carrier I could use from newborn till whenever in case I end up having another baby some day.

And now on to why the Pognae won it for me:
    I much prefer the softness of the Boba and Pognae carriers vs. the Pikkolo and Oh Snap. The Pognae comes with an infant head support insert (although I didn't try it out since I don't need it with my 18 month old) that you can attach by velcro, and it can be used from approx. 7+ lbs. up till 44 lbs. I think. It came with a Korean instruction manual so that's why I'm not sure about the exact conversion from kg to lbs. The carrier was easy to adjust/use though so I didn't need the manual anyways. The seatback where your LO's back or tooshie is (depending if infant or toddler) can also zip down to reveal a mesh lining for better air flow in hot weather. We live in hot, humid weather so it's a plus for us . The attachable hood to support baby's head if he/she falls asleep is hidden in a zippered compartment. But I think my favorite thing about it is that it has elastic bands attached so that you can roll up the loose straps so no more long straps hanging ! And the Pognae was the only carrier of the ones I tried that I didn't have to tighten down all the way in the waist. I still have a little room to go if I ever lost more weight (not that I think that'll happen or needs to happen) . And the final plus...it was the cheapest carrier of them all at $87.99 total from ebay plus 8% Bing CB!! Well, that's all I can think of for now folks. You can check out all the patterns on gmarket @ http://item.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/...h_keyword=ergo.

I got the elephant print, but I so heart the Pigret print if I ever have a girl..hehe...also comes in solids and a cool military print for daddies! I included a few pics of the Boba 2G in my album as well. The comparison pic is of the Boba and Pognae. Check it out: http://picasaweb.google.com/10211282...TB98mS3dy1tAE#
    Last edited by FieryOne1231; 07-18-2010 at 01:23 AM.
    Mommy to a "Fiery" DS we so lovingly call "The Beast" 12/31/08
    And our newest summer addition DS2 7/8/12