Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Momto1 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Small-ish diaper bag recs please

I need major diaper bag help. I'm looking for something small that I can take with me for short trips: shopping, to the park, out to dinner etc. I have a black skip hop dash, which I like ok, but not enough to use regularly. My current practice is to throw a bunch of things in a reusable shopping bag before I run out the door. (bad, I know!) I lug out the dash if we're going to the zoo or some other all-day affair.

I'm looking for a bag that's not too huge. I'm small framed and all I'll need to take with me is: 2-3 diapers, wipes, sippy cup, snack trap, sunscreen, my wallet, phone, keys, sunglasses. I'd like it to have some pockets, and ideally, I'd like something that I can use as my regular bag after DD's out of diapers (but that's not a dealbreaker).

I love the look of the Fleurville re-run hana, but I think there aren't enough compartments for me. And after reading some old posts here, I'm not sure I want to deal with Fleurville CS.

I love the functionality of the jujube Between, but it looks really diaper-bagish to me and I'm worried that I'll shell out the big bucks and end up not actually using it. If it will help me stay organized and if I can re-sell it in a few years, I might consider it more.

Is there anything else out there that might fit the bill? You'd think having a 1-year old I would have this figured out by now....

Any suggestions for a small, mommy-friendly, cute, affordable diaper bag?
    WOHM to DD, born 5/4/09

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Have you just looked at purses? I gave up on diaper bags and just use my regular purse or some cute tote bags at Target.

Beth

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I went to a regular department store when I only had one in diapers & bought a nice summer purse with plenty of room. Unfortunately not enough room for double the fun, but you can't have everything.

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a Boujie Baby diaper bag which I love! I don't think they make the model I have anymore. It's a Basilia, but smaller than the ones shown on the website. It looks like a purse and has enough pockets for my needs. I got it at a very good price on a deal of a day website. These sites usually sell various brands of diaper bags on a fairly regular basis.

http://www.boujiebaby.com

The other brand that I checked out when I was shopping for diaper bags is StorkSak. I looked at them IRL and they are very fashionable and seem well-made. If I didn't get the Boujie Baby, I would have gotten a StorkSak. You may be able to find one on ebay.

http://www.storksak.com/home.php?home=home

For something more affordable, how about the Petunia Picklebottoms from Target. They don't look like diaper bags to me. However, they seem to be getting mixed reviews.

army_mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

we have the ju ju be between. It is really not very big but holds all we need. I normally keep it packed with 3 diapers, a small package of wipes, a bib, simple change of clothes, hand sanitizer, diaper rash creme, placemat, snacks, and add a sippee cup before we leave and there is still some room. There is a separate pocket in the front for keys, wallet, and cell phone. We have the black one so DH doesn't feel too girly carrying it around. We have about 5 diaper bags and this one is really the only one we use since we can fit everything in it.

Quote Originally Posted by HonoluluMom View Post
    I have a Boujie Baby diaper bag which I love! I don't think they make the model I have anymore. It's a Basilia, but smaller than the ones shown on the website. It looks like a purse and has enough pockets for my needs. I got it at a very good price on a deal of a day website. These sites usually sell various brands of diaper bags on a fairly regular basis.

http://www.boujiebaby.com
    I liked the look of the larger Basilia until I saw the price. Wow!

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    I liked the look of the larger Basilia until I saw the price. Wow!
    I got a great deal on a Boujie Basilia bag on a deal of the day website. It really is worth it to check those sites often!

Yeah, I've gotten some great deals on those websites.

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm a huge fan of the Overland Equipment Donner bag. I've been using them daily for the past 3+ years. It translates well into using after the diaper stage since it isn't technically a diaper bag.
    http://www.overlandequipment.com/product/594066

Now that my kids are 3 and 5, I often carry the Placer bag if we are just out for a few hours and i don't need much stuff at all:
    http://www.overlandequipment.com/product/593007

But if we are out for the day and i want to carry their water bottles and more stuff, I still use the Donner bags. Love them!

Momto1 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

thanks for all the suggestions! I'll be checking them all out tonight!
    WOHM to DD, born 5/4/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast