Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Imaginext. My 3.5 yo has not played with LP since he was 1.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have not had much little people love here. Vehicles yes, people... eh. They do still play with the garage but with other cars. Imaginext and Matchbox Mega Rigs rule at our house and are played with constantly. We have a castle, firestation (older), sub and sea monsters from the Imaginext line and I expect more will be making it's way into our home next holiday round. DS2 just turned 3 and I passed on this: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-L...pr_product_top as I felt he is getting too mature for LP. He does have an older brother though (5.5) and pretty much prefers whatever old brother gets so I tend to buy "older" for him now after a few Christmas' of buying age appropiate flops. That said I plan to get the LP rampway for DS3's 1st bday and I expect my older boys will play with it more then the baby for quite awhile.

I guess I'm really saying it depends on the kid. Imaginext for us- but I can see if your DC has/ loves LP waiting to get Imaginext for a little while longer. Another reason I'd consider LP for a 3 year old is if there was a younger sib coming into the family. Imaginext does have some chokables (Matchbox Mega Rigs even more so.)
    Last edited by kristac; 07-20-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

From my experience with my 4 boys I would have to say Imaginext HANDS DOWN. Jack will be 2 in October and prefers the imaginext over the little people stuff.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Definitely Imaginext! My kids loved Little People but more at 1 and 2. DS got Gorilla Mountain at 3 and absolutely loved it. We have a ton of sets now and they still get played with a ton. DD got the Precious Places Swan Palace stuff too which is basically Imaginext for girls.

*** The only thing is there's tons of small pieces with Imaginext so if you have a 3 year old that still puts stuff in their mouth you may be better with Little People.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2