SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Traverse City, MI?

It's been about 3 years since we have been to TC. Dh's g'parents live there and we used to go every year. Has anyone been there more recently than we have or love there? Looking for some good activities to do with the kids while we are there. We are hopeful that our favorite mini golf place is there as well as the tall ships to go sailing on. We canoed down a river to Lake MI one year and visited lighthouses. Cherry Republic and the cute towns near there done. Sleeping Bear dunes. Is there anything cool in town for little ones? I think the zoo is closed now. TIA!

Beth

My DH was born and raised there and we're back one or two times a year usually. The zoo is closed (we were so bummed when they closed). Clinch Park beach is a lot of fun and they have safe swim areas for little ones. Pirates Cove mini golf is still there too. They have golf, bumper boats, go-karts and a big water slide. There is a HUGE playground near the civic center that is so much fun. It's a big wooden structure with a picnic area and is good for all ages. Bring a lunch and make a day of it!

Just walking downtown is fine for my kids, but they're older. There's a train store that has running trains and a toy store and book store that sells unique items.

Don't miss a trip to Moomer's ice cream. It was voted the best ice cream in America! It's located on a dairy farm and you can watch (and smell) the cows while you eat your ice cream. It's not too expensive and tastes great! My kids love watching and naming the cows too. Go more than once as they have different flavors every day!

Beth

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Check out Crystal Mountain nearby. And, the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes are always fun and a short drive.
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by GonnaBeNana View Post
    My DH was born and raised there and we're back one or two times a year usually. The zoo is closed (we were so bummed when they closed). Clinch Park beach is a lot of fun and they have safe swim areas for little ones. Pirates Cove mini golf is still there too. They have golf, bumper boats, go-karts and a big water slide. There is a HUGE playground near the civic center that is so much fun. It's a big wooden structure with a picnic area and is good for all ages. Bring a lunch and make a day of it!

Just walking downtown is fine for my kids, but they're older. There's a train store that has running trains and a toy store and book store that sells unique items.

Don't miss a trip to Moomer's ice cream. It was voted the best ice cream in America! It's located on a dairy farm and you can watch (and smell) the cows while you eat your ice cream. It's not too expensive and tastes great! My kids love watching and naming the cows too. Go more than once as they have different flavors every day!

Beth
    Well, it sounds like we know all the highlights (and love them!!). No harm in doing a repeat of all those wonderful places though!!

Beth