Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default have you been to Disneyland/world while pregnant? update in 1st post

my DH and I are planning on taking our DS to Disneyland for his 4th birthday. I've done google searches about going to Disneyland while pregnant, and it seems like there are quite a lot of rides or shows that pregnant moms can take part in.

Just curious if any of you have gone while pregnant. We're planning on going at the end of this month, just for a daytrip b/c we don't live very far from it.

Update *

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses! I thought I'd update and let you know that my DH and I took our son to Disneyland over the weekend - a couple of weeks before starting the 3rd trimester. We stayed from the morning until around 8:30 pm, and I was glad that I went and I was able to go on more rides than anticipated. There were clear signs that indicated expectant mothers should not ride in front of certain rides (like Splash mtn). I made sure to stay hydrated and sat in cool areas while waiting for my DH and son while they went on the autopia ride together. And I needed a bathroom rest stop every hour or two hours.
    Last edited by brgnmom; 07-26-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: update

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have gone while pregnant. Twice I think. No biggie for me. I went on quite a few rides at DL. I think the only one I skipped out on was Space Mountain, as it is a true roller coaster. Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, Small World. All fine.
    Have fun!
    DD
    DS

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DL once while 6m pg. I had a great time! I'd have liked it even better w/ the park hopper so I could have taken in some shows at CA Adventure. DL had a fair number of shows but there looked to be some good ones across the way. I rode several rides too. Dh rode even more with ds1 (5yo at the time).

Beth

Yes, and it's very doable. Just avoid the rides that say "no expectant mothers" and don't go when it's too hot or you are too far along.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by luckytwenty View Post
    Yes, and it's very doable. Just avoid the rides that say "no expectant mothers" and don't go when it's too hot or you are too far along.

As far as I can remember all their rides say no expectant mothers. I was at DL when 3 months preg and couldn't find any rides that didn't have the warning. Shows are ok.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

tny915 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes, we went to DL when I was 4m preggo with DD2 and rode rides, though can't remember which ones.
    DD1 2003
    DD2 2008

Kitten007 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Disneyland has tons of stuff to do while pregnant.

Here is their website with all the DL attractions:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/attr...st/?disneyland

I did all the rides, but Space Mountain, Autopia, Big Thunder Mountain, Indian Jones, Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, you know all the jerky, bumpy, fast rides. I was 4 months along and everything was easy to get in and out of and perfectly "safe" for being pregnant. I always was over cautious and made sure my hand was between my belly and the lap bar just so I wouldn't bump my bump.

Go have fun and stay cool!

AND don't forget to see Captain EO!!! Such a great classic! Loved it when I was growing up!
    Last edited by Kitten007; 07-23-2010 at 03:20 AM.
    Two Crazy Boys and A Baby Girl!

I went in my first trimester, and I was sooooo tired. I was really tired anyway, but Disneyland just sapped me. We went with my MIL, and had to come up with some bogus excuse why I just wanted to sleep in the hotel, since we hadn't told anyone yet. Keep in mind there's a lot of walking.

You'll have fun though. There's tons to do. Take advantage of the indoor shows for resting/napping/cooling off. Your son will love it, that's a great age to go.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes, I've been a couple times while pregnant. I rode everything except the rollercoaster type rides.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Oh, and if you get CA passes you can ride Soarin'- an awesome ride!!

Beth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast