Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by luckytwenty View Post
    My OB told me I was an anomaly for carrying very high with my 3rd pregnancy (this kid is being grown pretty much between my boobs!)
    Oh so maybe I'm just a weirdo. That makes sense. Lol... I'm carrying so high, I have a 'shelf' to lay things on.

If it makes you feel better, she also told me I had to have really strong abs pre-pregnancy for me to carry "like a first timer." It didn't make ME feel better because I've also heard that women who show really early (that would be me) don't have strong abs, so I think she was buttering me up!
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Thanks, Everyone!
    Yeah, it's weird, it's not like an intense pain or even enough to make me take Tylenol or anything, just sore down there, like I was riding a horse all day or DTD for two days straight (TMI, sorry! ).
    I've carried low both pregnancies and wish I could carry higher! I feel like I just have a huge beer gut and like the baby's sitting right in my lap when I sit down. I'm 5'3", too, so I do NOT feel very cute when I'm pregnant!
    Anyhow, I'll mention it to my doctor and see what he says. I did have an epidural with DD & had A LOT of soreness down there for a LONG time after she was born- probably 2 months?- and I wonder if that contributed to it. I'd love for this recovery to go more quickly since I need to be back in tip-top shape to take care of 2 kids!

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Thanks, Everyone!
    Yeah, it's weird, it's not like an intense pain or even enough to make me take Tylenol or anything, just sore down there, like I was riding a horse all day or DTD for two days straight (TMI, sorry! ).
    I've carried low both pregnancies and wish I could carry higher! I feel like I just have a huge beer gut and like the baby's sitting right in my lap when I sit down. I'm 5'3", too, so I do NOT feel very cute when I'm pregnant!
    Anyhow, I'll mention it to my doctor and see what he says. I did have an epidural with DD & had A LOT of soreness down there for a LONG time after she was born- probably 2 months?- and I wonder if that contributed to it. I'd love for this recovery to go more quickly since I need to be back in tip-top shape to take care of 2 kids!
    That was kind of how I felt, too. The best way I could describe it was that I had an episiotomy all over again. I have heard that you generally recover A LOT faster with the second one. That was my case, and hopefully, it will be yours. Hang in there!

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I recovered a lot faster with my second and third than with my first. The labor was shorter, no epidural & no tearing or episiotomy.

I had the separated pubic bones with 2 of my kiddos. I also had a prolapse...NOT fun at all! I would ask about that.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

I've been having this same problem, too. I'm currently 34 weeks and have been feeling it for the last month or so. It's just like the OP said, when I get up from laying down, or get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night... Ouchy! It goes away after a few minutes, but if I'm on my feet a lot during the day I'll start to feel it again. I never had this pain when I was pregnant with DS, and when I asked my OB about it, she said it's because this is my 2nd pregnancy and my body is just not the same. Don't I know it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2