Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I cd and I like 7th generation but I like Earths Best MUCH better.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
    I prefer Earth's Best diapers and wipes to 7th Gen when it comes to natural diapering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I cd and I like 7th generation but I like Earths Best MUCH better.
    We tried these when they first came out in 2008 and I liked them at first but then felt that they weren't as absorbent for my older DD who was 2 at the time. Natural wise we have also used the Natural Baby Care diapers and those worked for us also, but the cover wasn't as soft as the 7th Generation ones.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

7th generation wipes contain rayon. I steer clear of them in favor of Natracare.

The diapers are ok. Not bad with blowouts and F has especially explosive bowel movements. We don't use them much because we mostly use cloth diapers and cloth wipes.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

we love seventh generation diapers and earth's best equally. we switched from pampers after they started using dry max. we hated huggies and kirkland's (huggies with the characters) because we would constantly get leaks. as for softness, they arent as soft but not really rough either and dd wasnt bothered by it. the also sag less. i find the wipes to be dry.

I just made what I consider a big switch from Pampers to 7th Generation. This is 2nd son, so been using Pampers a LONG time faithfully. We never had any drymax issues, but I thought if I could go with chlorine free (and since Amazon has them for cheaper right now than even Pampers), why not?

We used one pack of the 7th Generation before I committed to buying the big box. Had NO leakage issues and blow-out poo occurrences were equal to Pampers. I like the velcro tabs on the Pampers ever so slightly better, and DH pointed out that it was easier for him to figure out which side is front with Pampers because of the printing, but other than that, no quality difference.

FWIW, I tried the gimme Huggies Natural and thought they were only okay. After leakage issues with Huggies on DS1, we've NEVER gone back to Huggies. Plus, I didn't think the lining material inside felt as soft.
    Wondermom

DS 1 8/2007
    DS 2 1/2010

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just want to add that my local store was out of 7th Gen diapers (I was waiting for my Amazon S&S order) and I picked up some Huggies Pure & Natural and they are quite nice too. They don't smell like regular Huggies/Pampers, or give DD2 any rashes so that is nice. Probably not the choice for the 100% everything must be 100% Earth friendly(but what disposable is?) mom, but they are nice.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Just want to add that my local store was out of 7th Gen diapers (I was waiting for my Amazon S&S order) and I picked up some Huggies Pure & Natural and they are quite nice too. They don't smell like regular Huggies/Pampers, or give DD2 any rashes so that is nice. Probably not the choice for the 100% everything must be 100% Earth friendly(but what disposable is?) mom, but they are nice.
    These are the only dipes that don't give my DD diaper rash and we've tried Pampers Sensitive (they used these in the hospital & DD had a rash from day 1!), regular Huggies, Pampers BabyDry, Pampers DryMax & Luvs.

I'm sold on the lack of perfumes/fragrances second. The "pure & natural" thing is a gimmick, IMO.

We may try EB & Nature BabyCare, though, depending on whether or not they keep working.

As for the 7th Gen wipes ... we don't like these as well as Up & Up Sensitive.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Update!

Thanks everyone. I have a box each of Nature BabyCare and Earth's Best to try once DD moves up to the next size. Thanks to Annie sending me diaper samples (yes, we are a little nuts), I tried Seventh Generation and Huggies Pure and Natural. I will post comparisons once we try them all. Decided not to try Tushies because of bulk and price. We don't shop at Whole Foods, so I haven't tried their dipes, but they get good reviews.

We have already been using the Earth's Best wipes and like them a lot. I think I prefer Pampers Sensitive in terms of thickness, but not in terms of the smell and junk on the wipes. I also like Nature BabyCare wipes, but some have complained they are dry. We wet wipes before use as a general practice, and wring out the chemicals, so it doesn't matter to us. NCB wipes contain one additional ingredient of concern (I forget what at this moment) so EB gets higher marks on the low toxins indicator.

We actually have a diaper composting service locally that will compost NCB diapers, and if the dipes work for us, we will consider this option. Until then, the "green" factor is more to keep chemicals away from baby's tushie than for the greater good of the planet, in all honesty.

Meanwhile, having spent hours and hours researching the web to compare the various "greener" diaper options, here are two resources (in addition to amazon.com and diapers.com reviews) that I found helpful when deciding what to buy. Hope they help someone else as well.

Slate magazine comparison "Finding the best eco-friendly diaper": http://www.doublex.com/section/kids-...ottom?page=0,0

MamaStories blog: http://blog.bolandbol.com/product-re...iapers-review/ [this is a little dated, but really breaks down the issues at stake]

Last edited by citymama; 09-07-2010 at 07:21 PM.

for Sandy Hook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2