Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Arwyn got a pair of squeaker shoes handed down last year. They were so cute, and at first I thought the squeaking was funny. But we dropped her off at the church nursery, and when we got back they told us they took off her shoes (or removed the squeakers, can't remember) because it was driving them nutsWhich we completely understood. We never put them back on. But the shoes are still really cute!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm w/the OP- I find them annoying as hell. Dont really care why they're such a wonderful product, they're irritating to me.

TonFirst is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    I squeaker shoes. They are soft leather, super cute and relatively inexpensive. But they even annoy me and I take the squeakers out.

I loved them for shopping because when DD would disappear I could echo-locate her. She wasn't a runner but she'd just *poof* vanish. I usually used only one squeaker for shopping.

Also, they are helpful if you have a toe walker. The squeakies only work if the child walks heel to toe, so they also help promote proper walking.

SORRY!
    I love 'em for all these reasons (although I never had a toe walker). I mean, like anything else, a modicum of common sense goes a long way: we take the squeakers out for playgroup, school, church, my husband's office, the library, and wherever else the squeaking's not appropriate, but for the supermarket or the playground they are fantastic.

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TonFirst View Post
    I love 'em for all these reasons (although I never had a toe walker). I mean, like anything else, a modicum of common sense goes a long way: we take the squeakers out for playgroup, school, church, my husband's office, the library, and wherever else the squeaking's not appropriate, but for the supermarket or the playground they are fantastic.
    We had 3 pairs when DD was really learning to walk (and was outgrowing her shoes like every month for some reason). We loved them. I also used them with just one squeaker in, but took that out if we needed to be in a quiet place. Love'd em, as did DD...sorry.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3