Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default I have a serious nesting issue...

I am usually the laziest person on the planet. Really. Truly. Especially when I'm pregnant in the summer. But apparently someone lit a fire under my behind, because I've been in hyperdrive since last Thursday. On Thursday, I made it to Target (to get garbage cans & assorted must have toiletries), the lube place (for an oil change), to the mall (to return something & scope out holiday clothes for the kids), and to the supermarket to stock up on food to cook for above mentioned holidays. I also cooked supper for the first time (besides Friday afternoon) in ages. On Friday, I cleaned up the house, made a batch of bread (destined for the freezer) with the kids & cooked for the weekend. Sunday didn't count because I amused the kids the whole day. This morning, however, I was up at 6:00 after a dream about bad labor & showered. Since then, I already have another bread dough rising, gefilte fish & a large pot of chicken soup up on the stove to freeze. I sold a stroller, had the lady from the county who comes to evaluate my son's gross motor skills & I have another appt @ 11:30. I also have a planned outing with my sister to get dd1 school shoes at Nordstrom's anniversary sale.

My mother keeps asking me if I'm all right & if I feel any contractions. My dh looks at me like he wonders where I put his wife. What is up with that? I'm sitting down for the first time in close to 5 hours & it's like I have Restless Legs Syndrome- only not just my legs.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I don't think I can accomplish all of that in a month. I don't think that is nesting - that is super-nesting!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

When are you due again? I'm enjoying the high-energy second trimester and am getting a lot done, though not that much! From what I remember, I'll likely get lazy and tired again until the very very end, and then super-nest like you! Glad you're getting things accomplished. I think you know the end is near when you suddenly want a short haircut. That was the tip off for me the other two times!
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The end is near! When is your due date? I am wondering if you might be delivering in a few more days.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

Due September 4th. I'm 34 2/7 weeks. Hoping to cook a little longer. I had lots of complications this time, so I'm much further along than I have any right to expect. Oh and the short haircut is gotten. I even waxed my brows again.

Maybe you're just enjoying a burst of energy. I definitely got very "nesty" well before the babies actually arrived. It wasn't a day before labor thing for me at all.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Roni is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Wow, good for you. I'm a little panicky b/c the nursery is a long way from being done, but we did get the big girls moved downstairs this week. I'm having a lazy-ish day today after all of the work I did last week, but there is still a long way to go. I need to keep up the momentum, but it's not in me today. Send some energy my way!

I have cleaned out half the closets in the house. C-section is scheduled for next Tuesday and now I just have to make sure to get the stuff dropped off at Goodwill or else it will be here for weeks after baby arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    Wow, good for you. I'm a little panicky b/c the nursery is a long way from being done, but we did get the big girls moved downstairs this week. I'm having a lazy-ish day today after all of the work I did last week, but there is still a long way to go. I need to keep up the momentum, but it's not in me today. Send some energy my way!
    Moved the girls into the same room in May (and I cosleep/room share for months). I figured that I might as well get them used to it before school. As for the nursery, is sticking a crib in a room & calling it a nursery, really bad?

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am so jealous of you right now!! As I sit in my "bedrest" chair I am making lists and lists of the things I wanted to do before the baby comes that just aren't going to get done. I'm hoping to get clearance to start walking around on Friday, but I don't think cleaning out the pantry, linen closet, going through the boxes of DD's old clothes, and making/freezing meals for after she's born are going to pass as appropriate things to do in the next few week!!

I did get a ton done before DD1 was born, and it was a solid month before she was actually born, so I don't think that always is an indicator of when the baby will be born.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast