Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Do you like being pregnant?

I don't. And I am a total ingrate about it, too, especially this pregnancy, when I've had no morning sickness, a few isolated moments of heartburn, no sciatica, no back pain (yet!)--honestly, my only complaints are that I miss wine and raw sushi, miss long distance running, and miss my old clothes! My other two pregnancies were much worse.

Anyway, I LOVE being a mom. I love the newborn stage. I just don't like being big as a house, sweaty, and being stared at!! When I hear about what other people go through to have kids (from IF to pregnancy problems like bedrest, etc.) I feel so guilty. Now I do think hiccups are cute and loved the ultrasounds...but all in all, I can't wait to meet my baby boy!!! 14 weeks, 1 day to go! (But who is counting.)
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

cindys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I loved loved loved being pregnant..I loved every single thing about it, good and bad...

I loved how I looked, how I felt (even while barfing), I loved buying cute clothes, I loved my changing body, the baby moving etc etc...

And I did have morning sickness with all 3 babies and some bedrest with 2 of them, so it wasnt all peachy keen but I still loved it.

Call me crazy but I also loved the newborn stage of being up every 2hrs to nurse and having a baby who was completly reliant on me..

It saddens me deeply to know I will never get to experience that again...The 3 times I was pregnant were the most magical..

Cindy
    Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 21mos

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED being pregnant. Although I could pass on the morning sickness, I loved pretty much everything else. I liked having the belly, the changes that my body underwent, wearing the maternity clothes, the hiccups, the kicks/punches/rolls, ultrasounds, hearing baby's heartbeat, not being as nimble as I used to be, exercising/eating healthy for baby, etc.

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I LOVED being pregnant the first and second time around. With my second I had a few weeks of tailbone/coxic pain that I could've done without, but overall was happy with that pregnancy. My third one, though...ugh...I was begging for that one to be over!

Hated pretty much every second of being pregnant, though I really miss not having to suck in my stomach all the time.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

Loved being pregnant (had a relatively easy pregnancy), HATED the labor and delivery (and the 4th degree tear), HATED the postpartum period, not a huge fan of the newborn stage (or really the whole first six months), but pretty much loving having a 2 year old (except for those random tantrums).
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

I'd say that I really appreciate being pregnant. After spending years and thousands and tens of thousands of dollars just to get pregnant each time, I have always tried to enjoy the whole thing. I didn't care for morning sickness and I found the first trimester to be somewhat stressful. I love the 2nd trimester and feeling the baby/babies move. I get sore ribs which usually the chiropractor can help with, but it's not working this time for whatever reason. I love my belly and I love to just sit and watch or feel the movement. I didn't even really mind giving birth (without drugs), but I'd prefer not to go through back labor again. I really just wake up every morning and stroke my belly and tell my babies how much I love them. It's really such an amazing thing. This is my last time and it's twins. It's a bit more terrifying, but I'm still really enjoying it and am really excited.

I'm not a big fan of the newborn stage. I really like sleep. Ha ha. I think it gets better as it gets along though. The first smile is huge for me and the first giggle. I start really enjoying my babies when they start moving (crawling and walking) and talking. I actually LOVE age 2 years. Age 3 is hard, but I choose to find it amusing and remind myself that it will pass.

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love being pregnant...even with all the extra work I have to do as a diabetic. And being on bedrest has made me really appreciate what I was able to do as a pregnant lady before bedrest.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

First pregnancy - yucky first 12 weeks (nausea and exhaustion). Wonderful next 6 months (full of energy, looked and felt great). That pregnancy, overall, I'd say I loved being pregnant.

Second pregnancy - super duper yucky first SIX months (nausea, heinous heartburn, strong food aversions, everything smelled awful, varicose veins, you name it, I felt it!). Pretty good third trimester.

Still, overall, I decided I never wanted to be pregnant again! Love the products of pregnancy, but not crazy about being preggo!

for Sandy Hook

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Love the products of pregnancy, but not crazy about being preggo!
    This! I think I like my maternity clothes more than my regular clothes (DH dragged me to a really cute local boutique and I must say the man has excellent taste). And adore my new bravado bra and a few gifts of earth mama sprays/lotions I rec'd. I also love some of the rituals and special times, like childbirth class or the structural ultrasound.

But, I go from one kind of sick to the other across the trimesters. My whole emotional system is very sensitive to hormonal and life change and I am all weepy . . . or manic and obsesssive about errands and baby prep. It is a hard time for me not having my mother able to visit or help out an no other family to speak of - - kind of like the holidays can be hard for people. I gain fifty pounds and would look freaking horrible if it weren't for the interventions of dh, clothing shop sales ladies, and my amazing hairdresser. I crave sugar all the time and probably spend more time thinking about food than about the new baby. And my energy level sucks and I get nothing done at work. I wish I was one of those people that never feel better than in pregnancy . . . but in reality I do not think I can do this again.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast