Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

When is a good time to go when it's not so busy?
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    Honestly, any time in the summer is probably going to be busy. If you're not too concerned with how the weather is, right after Labor Day through the beginning of October would be good. MI has had some warm Falls lately, but the weather here can be unpredictable. If you're not looking to still go this year, early summer would be a good time,

I haven't been in a long time, but it will always be one of my favorite places. My husband took me there for the day, the day after he proposed! We spent the day there seeing the sites and then he surprised me with a horse-drawn carriage ride to the Grand Hotel for dinner! I'd love to spend our 25th anniversary there, but we were married in December.

Beth

mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    I've never been over a holiday weekend. That said, it's been my experience that only right on the main street near the dock and shops gets crowded (and then, it's not like Disney or anything). If you want to get away from people, you walk a block away, go for a bike ride, etc. and you won't feel like it's crowded.

One place I haven't seen mentionned is the Mission Pointe Resort. It's not right in the center of things and is very family friendly. I don't believe they have AC, but it's usually not needed on the island and it's not uncommon for hotels to be without. One thing to check into if AC is a must for your family...

It's a truly beautiful place! Enjoy! (and try to hit the Sleeping Bear Dunes as well!)

I was also going to mention the Lilac Festival (or whatever it's called) in the spring- probably in May around Mother's Day. I've never been there for it, but they do a commemorative painting for it every year, and I've always thought it would be wonderful to be there for it.
    Also, we were there over the 4th of July one year, and they shot off fireworks which we watched on the yard/ beach of the Iroquois hotel (on the lake). Very fun! Also, you can watch & feed the seagulls from the big open yard next to it; that's always something we did growing up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2