diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Hanna training pants questions

I am considering getting Hanna training pants for DD. She weighs 24 pounds and their XS size starts from 20lbs-33lbs, seems like a large range to me. Anyone have any experience if these would fall off my daughter or be fine? The cost for these are $26/3pack online right now. I am in no hurry to get them, is there a good time (big sale happening) which you can let me know when training unders are on sale is appreciated. How low have the prices gone at sales? I don’t live anywhere close to an outlet store. Ty

If you want to try something cheaper, I've been told the JC Penney brand of training underwear is similar to Hanna's. It used to be carried in the stores, but may now only be available through the catalog. Not sure. The pairs I bought 3-4 years ago ran small, were made of good quality cotton, and were a tady bunchy in the rise (not really a problem, just a funny look).
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We are just starting our potty learning adventure today! I have two pairs of the Hanna trainers that I got at the outlet. I don't remember exactly how much they were... maybe $8 each? Maybe less. I can't remember!

Anyhow, my daughter is 25.6 lbs. and petite, and they aren't falling off of her, but they are a little loose.

And as far as the pee, they actually absorb well. She peed in one pair and it soaked through, but we didn't get a puddle on the floor. So that part is good.

I just put her in a pair of Gerber training pants that sell for $6.99/3-pack at Target, so I'll have to let you know how those go as far as absorbency. The fit, in a size 2T is about the same as the Hannas. I just couldn't justify the cost of more Hannas when I knew I would need 6 pairs or so. As it is I only have 5 pairs total, so we'll see how today goes and see if I need to get another pack at Target.

Oh, I see you are not near an outlet... the sale that was about a month ago, the big, big twice yearly hanna sale, was a pretty good sale, but none of the underwear or trainers were on sale. You might have better luck calling an outlet store and having them shipped. I know a lot of people on these boards seem to do that.

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hey, diamond, if you're still out there...

Hanna Andersson is running a sale right now on underwear, and the Training Unders are included... solids are 3/$20 and prints are 3/$22.

But, the Gerber ones are working just as well for us. They both (the Hannas and the Gerbers) don't always completely contain the pee - I have had some pee hit the floor with both, but they both do contain quite a bit, so the mess is less extensive than if she were in regular underwear. So for me, the price of the Hannas just isn't worth it. They are cute, though!