twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Halloween costume ideas?

For G/G 2yo twins? Bonus if it's something I can make myself!

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you want a matching theme?

do you prefer scary or sweet costumes?

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post
    Do you want a matching theme?

do you prefer scary or sweet costumes?
    I prefer sweet (mostly cuz I think scary would actually scare our girls). And a matching theme would be cute. Like Thing 1 and Thing 2 (though everyone seems to do that).

Butterfly/bumblebee and flower
    Caterpillar and butterfly
    chicken and egg
    spider and fly
    witch and cat
    Laverne and shirley (okay - that one is a joke)

What do they like? My girls starting forming their own opinions the Halloween they were 2 y 10 m. Before that, I preferred scary, but cute scary like black cats. Now they tend to want to be fairies. or princesses. or fairy princess mermaids.

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2 View Post

What do they like? My girls starting forming their own opinions the Halloween they were 2 y 10 m. Before that, I preferred scary, but cute scary like black cats. Now they tend to want to be fairies. or princesses. or fairy princess mermaids.
    that's a good question - one of my girls is very vocal, speaking complete sentences. So I could explain halloween to her and ask (any suggestions on explaining halloween and costume to a 2yo?). But the other is not so vocal and only uses her words when necessary (to ask for water, etc).

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Buy butterfly and bumble bee wings ... put them each in a black leotard and tights (or leggings) make a tutu ... one orange and black (thinking butterfly here) and one in yellow and black. Headbands with little antennae.

You could easily make them each a different colored butterfly too

here you go... for some inspiration

http://prissypoofs.com/mm5/merchant....ry_Code=Spooky

http://prissypoofs.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

Tutu's are pretty easy to make too! I know there were directions in the crafts section a while ago on this board!

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    that's a good question - one of my girls is very vocal, speaking complete sentences. So I could explain halloween to her and ask (any suggestions on explaining halloween and costume to a 2yo?). But the other is not so vocal and only uses her words when necessary (to ask for water, etc).
    Well, Halloween is a big deal in this house () so I started reading books early on and decorating. I told them people dress up and asked what they wanted to be. (Well, that year, I think I still tried to tell them what to be and they very definitely told me what they would be. The year before I was in charge). I don't remember if yours are young 2s or older 2s, so some of this may apply next year.

But do they like, bunnies, bugs, dogs, fairies, dragons, etc... ? You can take pretty much any interest and turn it into a costume! What sort of things do they play with? I have seen links int he past to cute twin costume ideas, but I can't remember them... maybe a google search will turn something up?