Question Flushable wipes?

Just wondering if you know of any brands (either at a B&M store or available to purchase online) that sell flushable wipes?
    I'm currently using Huggies, so that's the style I like (a little sturdier & not as soft as Pampers), so if there's anything kind of comparable, that would be great.

Thanks!

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We use Kandoo wipes.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No! Don't use them!! When we were paying $80 to have the main drain of the house snaked (after nasty sewer water had backed up into our utility sink), the plumber said that they are just awful for drains and he is called to unclog them a lot. We had been using Kandoo ones, fwiw. The Kandoo ones rate pretty badly on Skin Deep, which I later learned.

Beth

catpagmo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think Cottonelle makes flushable wipes, but I don't think they're for babies.
    DD 12/05
    DS 02/09

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Flushable wipes are not as thick as regular ones and they're smaller, they break easily and I found I was using more because of that. So I just look for biodegradable ones but mostly use cloth wipes, since we CD. Also when we lived in Chicago and were using flushble wipes and occassionally gdiapers, there was a big clog in the building and it turned out it was because of the wipes and gdiaper inserts! I felt so bad.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    No! Don't use them!! When we were paying $80 to have the main drain of the house snaked (after nasty sewer water had backed up into our utility sink), the plumber said that they are just awful for drains and he is called to unclog them a lot. We had been using Kandoo ones, fwiw. The Kandoo ones rate pretty badly on Skin Deep, which I later learned.

Beth
    It probably has a lot to do with your plumbing. DD1 used Kandoo wipes for over a year & we never had a plumbing problem in the 4+ years since.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We've been using them since older DD potty trained (so 6+ years) and never had an issue with them. I use whatever is on sale/cheapest.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think Cottonelle makes flushable wipes, but I don't think they're for babies.
    We use the Cottonelle sometimes, but my younger is 2 1/2, so not a baby. We have never had a plumbing problem, even when using multiple wipes at once (up to four). Of course, now that I've typed this, I'll be calling a plumber tomorrow, I'm sure!

I haven't checked the Cottonelle on Skin Deep. Maybe I should do that.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We started with Kandoo but switched to Target Up and Up. So much cheaper!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

They were way, way down in the house's master drain. They opened it up and literally started pulling out the wipes. They had just collected pretty far along in the system. They caused no flushing problems or other noticeable things for probably a year. Just something to be aware of.

Beth