Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default jumperoo - Fisher Price or Baby Einstein?

so i really want to get a jumperoo for DS, since he's already trying to jump in his exersaucer.

i see that there are a few Fisher Price jumperoos (rainforest, etc), from $99 - $129. i initially thot of getting one on CL since there are a bunch of FP Jumperoos for $35-40 in my area.

however i also know there's a Baby Einstein jumper that has classical music etc for $89 at BRU, and that one gets good reviews as well. i turned to CL thinking i could get a cheap one there since it's cheaper than the FP ones....however, for some lame reason, they're actually MORE expensive on my CL... lowest price i found for the einstein one is $50 (bunch of people trying to sell for $60). ianyway i could get a brand-new baby einstein one at BRU for $72 (by using 20% off coupon), so it didn't seem worth driving 30 minutes out of my way to get one that's been used just to save less than $20 or so.

anyway, anyone feel strongly about one or the other? the FP rainforest one looks nice, but its OOS at BRU so i'd have to get it used from CL. i know rainforest one has head support, but my DS doesn't need it. i think i read somewhere here that Einstein one is slightly taller, which would be better for us (DS is 27" already and he seems to be almost outgrowing his exersaucer which is at the highest setting!!).
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-30-2010 at 08:10 PM.

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD loves the Fisher Price Rainforest jumperoo. She started in it at 3.5 months and at 8 months she still uses it a bit.

DS had the FP one and loved it!!
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

I'd get an FP one off CL. Everything is washable

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have the FP rainforest one. I think it was $70. Maybe they got significantly more expensive since I bought mine?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    We have the FP rainforest one. I think it was $70. Maybe they got significantly more expensive since I bought mine?
    IDK about that ... they seem fairly inexpensive on Amazon & FWIW, I'm considering the Rainforest one for DD as she's outgrowing her bouncy seat & swing!!!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would just get a used FP one off CL. They always seem to sell like hotcakes on my local CL. That where I got a rainforest one for my DS, and he loved it at first. By the time he was 8 months, he would scream if I put him in it. He hated being contained in anything, but he tolerated the exersaucer for a while longer than the jumperoo. So I sold the jumperoo for the same price I paid for it and was glad I didn't buy it new.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thx everyone for the suggestions. so we went to BRU to check them out. didn't have the rainforest anymore (i think they've stopped selling it?). they had baby einstein, fp ocean wonders and another fp one that had a farm on it. the baby einstein had 6 height settings (vs the FP ones seemed to have less) and the baby einstein one seemed to be taller. since we had a 20% off BBB coupon we got the baby einstein one there for $72 (seems better than getting it for $50-60 used on CL). i would have bought the einstein one used on CL if there had been one for $30 or so, but for some reason they were all at least $50.

anyway i assembled it and indeed, it is fairly tall (my DS is almost 7mo and is very tall for his age, and he is on 2nd *lowest* setting). i am glad about that since i was afraid of him outgrowing it too quickly (when we got the Exersaucer at 4mo, he was on 2nd tallest setting, now it is at tallest setting and he seems too tall for it already).

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    IDK about that ... they seem fairly inexpensive on Amazon & FWIW, I'm considering the Rainforest one for DD as she's outgrowing her bouncy seat & swing!!!
    OP said she saw the FP ones for $99-129. That sounds fairly expensive.

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    OP said she saw the FP ones for $99-129. That sounds fairly expensive.
    Those were probably the prices at BRU. Amazon has the FP rainforest one for $83 now, but I've seen it at $69 on there not long ago. BRU has the rainforest listed for $130 (!)
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast