Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I think we all "stress" about motherhood in different ways (good thread idea) and for me, a large part of it is having to provide food. Another part is getting everyone ready to go somewhere. Seems like "let's go get on the boat" will have shoes on and kids at the door in a millisecond rather than "let's go get in the van."
    This is a wonderful point- on property, transportation is fun! Boats, monorails....our kids even like being on the bus.

I do Disney every year and I do feel it's a vacation for me too!!! I think it's because I leave my DH at home! LOL!

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    This is a wonderful point- on property, transportation is fun! Boats, monorails....our kids even like being on the bus.

I do Disney every year and I do feel it's a vacation for me too!!! I think it's because I leave my DH at home! LOL!
    I had considered 2 rooms in a value - one for DH and the kids and the other for me! Now that would be a vacation!
    Kris

army_mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

After reading all the info here, I think we are going to stay at the Wyndham in December . Since DD is little and we will be mainly going for a wedding, this hotel seems like the perfect option for us. We get a lot of room and our own separate bedroom to relax after DD goes to sleep and we avoid *some* of the Disney holiday crazines. ( I can't imagine DH at the value resorts at that time of year and I am not willing to shell out $300+/night for this trip for a nicer resort). It is close enough that it won't be a huge hassle to get to the wedding (at the shades of green hotel, near the contemporary). It gives us a chance to walk around and see what we want for our "real" Disney vacation in 2 years. Also, the Wyndham offers rate discounts for AAA and government workers. For us (govt rate), a 1 bed condo is only $211 a nite between Christmas and New Years.

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by army_mom View Post
    After reading all the info here, I think we are going to stay at the Wyndham in December . Since DD is little and we will be mainly going for a wedding, this hotel seems like the perfect option for us. We get a lot of room and our own separate bedroom to relax after DD goes to sleep and we avoid *some* of the Disney holiday crazines. ( I can't imagine DH at the value resorts at that time of year and I am not willing to shell out $300+/night for this trip for a nicer resort). It is close enough that it won't be a huge hassle to get to the wedding (at the shades of green hotel, near the contemporary). It gives us a chance to walk around and see what we want for our "real" Disney vacation in 2 years. Also, the Wyndham offers rate discounts for AAA and government workers. For us (govt rate), a 1 bed condo is only $211 a nite between Christmas and New Years.
    Check out this site: http://vacationupgrades.com/pricing.html. Many people on the disboards thread posted above (which I'm on page 27 of), have gone through him - onlyl $130 or $160 per night for those times.
    Kris

Thanks! We'll look into it. He comes highly recommended it looks like so a safe bet, it seems. Even better deal!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks! We'll look into it. He comes highly recommended it looks like so a safe bet, it seems. Even better deal!
    That's who I went through to get my quote! They are wonderful!! He quoted me $120/night for a 2 bedroom for the week after thanksgiving (arriving that saturday of thanksgiving weekend). Not sure when you are going. But the availability goies fast!! Call ASAP.

Ha! Looking at the pictures again, I wonder if I did the right thing by staying at a disney property?! Oh well, deal's done this time.

One of the main reasons I didn't choose Bonnet Creek is because I have no idea if the weather will be warm enough to swim, and they have an amazing pool!
    Last edited by lhafer; 08-01-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Do all the pools stay open during the winter months? I have never been to FL in the winter. If it's anything like Texas, you just never know. 75 one day and 35 the next....

Like I said earlier, we stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek this past December. We were able to swim everyday while we were there. It was wonderful.

The only other time I have stayed at Disney was on property, at the Shades of Green. So this is all I have to compare it with. But, given the opportunity, I would go back to WBC every single time. I loved having a kitchen. It was nice to be able to have snacks, sandwiches, etc and we also even made a meal or two there. I loved being able to get up and fix everyone a hearty breakfast before heading off for a day at the parks. I know we saved a ton of money doing this.

It was a quick and easy drive off site. We were able to make quick trips to Publix and even took a morning (it was raining) and went to IKEA. If DC are a little older, there are lots of activities for them at the resort as well. Mine were a little too young.

We loved having a separate space from the kids. Our 3 bedroom condo had well over 1500 sq feet. It even had two a/c controls so that our friends who were with us from Alaska could crank the air down on their side!

It was nice to have all the extra space in the condo. (We had 3 strollers between us).

Anyway, I think you are going to have a great trip no matter what you choose for where you stay. I'm jealous and want to go back!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do all the pools stay open during the winter months? I have never been to FL in the winter. If it's anything like Texas, you just never know. 75 one day and 35 the next....
    I'm in Texas too - Houston! Which is why I didn't want to hedge my bets on pool weather. I think the bonnet creek pool is heated. I know the Disney property pools are all heated. I just don't know how the air will be! I'm bringing suits just in case.

I think we will stay a BC the next trip. I would love to stay this time, but know my 4 year old won't want to sleep in a strange room by herself, even if her baby sister is in a pack n play in there as well.

Be sure to update us after your stay!
    Last edited by lhafer; 08-01-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4