Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just to update, we had a great time last week in Bethany! It was really just what we wanted. Even Rehobeth (we went for dinner and shopping a couple times) was more crowded than what we wanted.

My only complaint was the surf was really too rough for the little kids to go in and even my 9 year old had a hard time. Next time I might want to try Lewes to get the gentler water.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Awesome, I was wondering if the "hurricane" might effect you. Maybe that was why the surf was rough?

If you didn't like Rehoboth, your head would have exploded in OC.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

LOL! It's not that we didn't like Rehobeth, it's just a lot busier than we were looking for (in retrospect). Our little beach area was practically empty.

Earl definitely affected the surf the last couple days, but it was rough long before that. And we recall now that the last time we went to Bethany (about 7 years ago) the surf was pretty rough then as well. My 3 year old was too intimidated to go anywhere near the water. The 9 year old got in the water with DH, but she wasn't really tall enough or strong enough to stand up without his help. There was also a pretty wicked rip tide.

But the weather was glorious (other than Friday morning) and the sand was beautiful and the beach was empty.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

cindys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Used to love OC when I was young, single and hot!!!!

Cindy
    Mama to 3 boys...19, 4 & 22mos

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    LOL! It's not that we didn't like Rehobeth, it's just a lot busier than we were looking for (in retrospect). Our little beach area was practically empty.

Earl definitely affected the surf the last couple days, but it was rough long before that. And we recall now that the last time we went to Bethany (about 7 years ago) the surf was pretty rough then as well. My 3 year old was too intimidated to go anywhere near the water. The 9 year old got in the water with DH, but she wasn't really tall enough or strong enough to stand up without his help. There was also a pretty wicked rip tide.

But the weather was glorious (other than Friday morning) and the sand was beautiful and the beach was empty.
    Bethany is wonderful for families! We typically go to Rehoboth (we'll be there this weekend) but I love that Bethany is so quiet and much less crowded.

When I went to Bethany earlier this summer and tried to get in the water, I got completely toppled by a few massive waves I've been going to these beaches my whole life and never remembered the waves being that crazy! I hope it's not like that this weekend or I'm not going anywhere near the water...
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3