TLC1994 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Waterproof Pads - other uses?

I was going through some old baby stuff that I had and found a stack of waterproof pads (like these: http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=15041889&)

Before I toss them or donate them to Goodwill - can anyone think of any reason why I should hold onto them? It seems like there should be other uses for these things, but other than thinking that they could be helpful for house-training a puppy ~ but we don't have one and have no intention of getting one ~ I can't really think of other ideas.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TLC1994 View Post
    I was going through some old baby stuff that I had and found a stack of waterproof pads (like these: http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=15041889&)

Before I toss them or donate them to Goodwill - can anyone think of any reason why I should hold onto them? It seems like there should be other uses for these things, but other than thinking that they could be helpful for house-training a puppy ~ but we don't have one and have no intention of getting one ~ I can't really think of other ideas.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    I have a couple of hospital waterproof pads, so they are larger size and we use it on our couch to put the baby on it especially without a diaper to give him the "air-bath" and prevent his frequent spit ups from soiling the couch. I also find them useful to put on top of a couch pillow or couch back when I burp the baby and he spits up all over the furniture. They are not pretty looking and don't add to the decor, LOL, but I find them useful.

I also use a waterproof mattress pad on a changing table instead of the changing table cover, which is not waterproof.

You can use them to protect floors and furniture during "art" projects. Or as high-chair mats. Or to cover patio chairs when it rains.
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

When I was younger working at a pharmacy we used to get medications wrapped in them, ones that came in glass bottles.

They would be great for protecting delicate items you have packed away. Sentimental holiday ornaments, anything breakable you have put away.

Just an idea!
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not sure if the size is big enough, but we use the hospital size ones under DD2's bedsheet in case of an accident.

And, always good to have around in case of puking - cover the couch, rug, bed, etc.