Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: User CP

Default User CP

There is a thread about where people look when they come onto the board. Someone mentioned they look on the CP screen so they can see who has replied to their posts. All I get is a message about no subscribed threads or something. How can I see when someone has replied to a post or thread i'vecommented on? Thanks
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

I click on the user name and then "public profile" when I want to see where someone has been. You can see a little in the top box, but there a tab called "statistics" just under that shows last posts, login, etc.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    There is a thread about where people look when they come onto the board. Someone mentioned they look on the CP screen so they can see who has replied to their posts. All I get is a message about no subscribed threads or something. How can I see when someone has replied to a post or thread i'vecommented on? Thanks
    That's what User CP is for. So, for example, if you clicked on User CP to get here, it should have shown you that Ivy and I replied to this thread. It works for me every time. If you consistently get a" no subscribed threads" message, check your settings. You should automatically be subscribed to a thread when you reply to it (or create it!).

for Sandy Hook

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    That's what User CP is for. So, for example, if you clicked on User CP to get here, it should have shown you that Ivy and I replied to this thread. It works for me every time. If you consistently get a" no subscribed threads" message, check your settings. You should automatically be subscribed to a thread when you reply to it (or create it!).
    Wow! Have I been in the dark ages?! I am not subscribed to any threads. What settings do I need to change?

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You should automatically be subscribed to a thread when you reply to it (or create it!).
    I have the same issue as DietCokeLover. What settings do I need to change? I clicked on the links about subscriptions, but that was not helpful at all.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

That's crazy! When I go to User CP it shows me all the threads to which I've repllied that have had more recent posts since my last reply - like this thread for eg.

Mods, can you clarify how the other posters can be automatically subscribed to threads in which they participate? Thanks!

for Sandy Hook

srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This was bugging me too! Same boat!
    So I just went to the User CP link and then clicked "Edit Options" under "Settings and Options."
    Then, the second block of text is "Messaging & Notification." In that block, I see "Default Thread Subscription Mode."
    Mine did say "Do not Subscribe."
    I just clicked "No Email notification," which I *think* means I will be subscribed but won't get an email every time someone replies.

Ok, I am trying it now. So someone reply so I can report back!

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by srhs View Post
    So I just went to the User CP link and then clicked "Edit Options" under "Settings and Options."
    Then, the second block of text is "Messaging & Notification." In that block, I see "Default Thread Subscription Mode."
    I just clicked "No Email notification," which I *think* means I will be subscribed but won't get an email every time someone replies.

Thank you! I clicked on that link before but didn't seet that option. I now have changed mine, too. We'll see what happens.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Alright, did this show up for you guys?

for Sandy Hook

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by srhs View Post

Yes, that is exactly right, and exactly what I do on all my forums.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast