Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Any tall snoogle lovers?

So my doc told me today I can't sleep on my back anymore even though I prop myself up with 4 pillows. I have a very hard time sleeping on my side even with a body pillow. Every time I turn I wake up. So I'm hoping a snoogle might help. I've been resisting because its $50 that I will probably only use for 2 months but if I sleep its worth it.
    I've heard that its not long enough for tall people... is that true? Anyone 5'9 or over that has used one and would recommend it? Thanks!!
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

my xtall (6') cousin borrowed mine. I think she liked it, but I could be wrong. Really, it was the best $50 I ever spent while pg. Sleep is precious. I sold mine on CL for $20 after using it for 3 pregnancies.

That's good to know. Thanks!
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm 5'10.5 and LOVED my Snoogle for my first pregnancy. It is plenty long enough for me. I haven't started using it yet this time around but I'm sure I will need it pretty soon.

I'm not as tall as the previous examples (just 5'8") but I was a snoogle hater. A regular body pillow was much better. They're also easy to find for super cheap, so you might try one of those first.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I'm 5'9" and didn't like the snoogle. I liked the snoozer which I found on line. They had a down option (I am not a fan of poly fill) which was a little pricey but soooo worth it. Anything that helps you sleep in the third trimester is worth it. Plus, I used the pillow as a nursing support pillow after DD was born, so I feel like it has been worth the money. In fact, I'm addicted to it now and still sleep with it.

I'm 5'9" and I like my Snoogle...

I bought it on CL for $25 bucks too...

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I didn't like the Snoogle. I'm 5'9 so not that tall so length really wasn't my problem. I prefer to use several pillows vs one big one. I have a body pillow for behind my back, regular size between my legs, king size for under my head and belly(I turn it sideways).
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

I bought the snoogle last night at BRU and had a horrible night of sleep. I just can't get comfortable on my sides. I have to turn over every 30 minutes or so which makes for a very disruptive sleep! I don't see why I can't lay on my back if I am practically sitting up with pillows.
    The snoogle was comfortable in certain positions but the problem was everytime I needed to change positions (which was often) I woke up. The same thing happened when I was using my body pillow.
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

I'm not due quite as soon as you, but I still hate sleeping on my side. I seem to wake up every morning on my back, b/c this is how I sleep the deepest. My OB tried to assuage my fears by telling me that I'm very "small" and that until the baby gets a little bigger, I shouldn't worry too much, but the guilt keeps me tossing at night more than forcing myself to side-sleep. Less than a hour into sleep, my whole side falls asleep (numb), and I have to change positions. It's SO frustrating. My body pillow makes me feel hot, too, and I hate having to reposition the body pillow to the other side when I flip to my right (which would be the same w/ the snoogle). I'm trying to hold off. Only a few more months of hellish sleeping--then comes the baby-induced kind.
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast