Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Push gifts

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Push gifts

Okay so I've known that you typically get a gift when you give birth to a child. I got one for my DS and DD but I never knew it had a name until I saw it on Bethany's Getting Married (yes, I watch this..lol).
    So I was just wondering do most people get push gifts still and if so what?
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Most people don't get gifts, ime. I haven't gotten one and din't need one. There was a pretty big thread on that here a bit ago (and a much bigger one in the Lounge at some point):
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...d.php?t=362036

Beth

oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks!
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No push presents for me unless you count a cheesy "New Mom" hat from the gift shop when I complained about not being able to wash my hair. I never even heard about push presents outside of this board.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

I got some jewelry. It was nice. Some people feel very strongly that the "baby is enough." Of course no one goes through 9 months of pregnancy, plus whatever you went through to conceive and then post-partum, just to get some bling, but if your husband wants to give you something to commemorate the occasion and to express his genuine appreciation, it's all good as far as I'm concerned.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Nope, not something we did or would do....I wouldn't throw it back at DH's face, but it's not something I really want.

When DH & I were shopping for my engagement ring yrs ago a saleslady said lots of men buy their wives a piece of jewelry as a "push present". I've got to say, I was so grossed out that I practically ran out of there. The sentiment is nice, but the phrasing is gross to me.

Now, after I had DS1 I must admit that I did get a nice little bracelet from Tiffany's. Completely unexpected, but after that horrendous labor he must have thought it necessary. Or it was b/c my bday was in 3 wks. Either way, nothing like a little blue box...
    DS#1: 11.06.07
    DS#2: 09.04.09

I love my push present, because it was so thoughtful. It was a "Mother and Child" necklace: http://www.reeds.com/Mother-and-Chil...-937-W41M.html

I used to wear it everyday until my LO started grabbing for it.
    Mommy to DS 2/10 and furbaby 7/08.

I never hinted at one but DH gave me a very generous day from head to toe at my favorite spa.

Later on I heard him tell his friend that after witnessing what a woman goes through to bring a child into this world, the gift seemed ridiculously small in comparison.

Hearing him say that was the best gift.
    Mom, Wife and Finder of lost items
    AP-er, Breastfeeder, Babywearing, No Circ Mama

I never hinted or expected to get a push present.
    But DH surprised me with an antique oval diamond locket. I honestly love it more than anything in the world (including my engagement ring!). Its so beautiful and has pictures of both my kids in it. Now have to figure out how to get 3 of them in there!
    Mom to DD 7/06, DS1 8/08 & DS2 9/11!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast