Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    DS2's room used to be our office and my craft space. Now the office is in our kitchen, and that's working well. The craft stuff is in our bedroom and never quite got reorganized, so it's just stacked. And, it gives me a huge desk surface that I've covered with all sorts of other stuff. Not good.

I also have about 6 bins of fall/winter clothes that I'll sell at the mom2mom sale and they're in our bedroom. If the rest of the room was nice, it would be fine to have them stacked in the corner, but I think it lets me end up stacking more and more, since there is a stack started. So, I need to find another place to put the next seasons stuff each year. I like keeping them to sell, because I make a few hundred $$ each season and I like having a day to myself to sell it .

If I'm brave I'll take before and after pictures later this week.
    Kris, I know I say it all the time. I am your sister.

Boxes of craft stuff next to my bed - check
    Bins of clothes to sell next to my bed - check
    Bins of clothes to organize and put into the kids' rooms - check
    hangers for the kids' clothes - check
    things they need in a month, next to my bed - check
    all the instruction manuals, random papers from who knows what (all baby stuff) on my nightstand - check
    pile of dresses and church clothes to iron - check
    toys that have come out of rotation, which have not been put in attic - check
    toys that don't need to be "out" but can't be put away b/c we do use them when DS2 is napping sometimes - check
    pile of Portraits to be labeled and sent - next to my bed - check

I will NOT take a picture. Instead, I got a rack to hold all the stuff so I could access it easier. It is working, though. I'm able to put stuff away better than when it is just piled up.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Kris, I know I say it all the time. I am your sister.

I will NOT take a picture. Instead, I got a rack to hold all the stuff so I could access it easier. It is working, though. I'm able to put stuff away better than when it is just piled up.
    I've always wanted a sister!

I have instruction manuals, too.

What kind of rack? Picture or link? I know that even once it's cleaned up now, it'll be easy to get back into the mess again unless I figure out a system to put the transition stuff.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Kris,
    Your house sounds better than mine. If you open the closets, kitchen cabinets or pantry things will fall on your head. I let things go the last couple of years and when I needed to do a quick pick up, I threw things into a closet
    I throw things into the laundry room, since it's on the 1st floor. And we don't get overnight guests, so the upstairs never quite gets cleaned totally. But, the laundry room is nice in a way, as I have to clean it out to do laundry again. Often times all the baskets are full of stuff, but otherwise I have to be able to get in there.

Congrats on the garage!
    Kris

I've always wanted a sister!

I have instruction manuals, too.

What kind of rack? Picture or link? I know that even once it's cleaned up now, it'll be easy to get back into the mess again unless I figure out a system to put the transition stuff.
    me too
    Plano shelves from Aldi $14 absolutely ridiculous for a bedroom. But, I just haven't thought hard enough about where to put the transition stuff. Surely I can find just a few more homes for items in our 1400 sf. Plano rack is not good for the zen of my bedroom. I would not recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    me too
    Plano shelves from Aldi $14 absolutely ridiculous for a bedroom. But, I just haven't thought hard enough about where to put the transition stuff. Surely I can find just a few more homes for items in our 1400 sf. Plano rack is not good for the zen of my bedroom. I would not recommend it.
    I have this shelf in my closet. It was one that was in the basement of our old house and we don't need in the basement here.

Are you moving anytime soon?
    Kris

Are you moving anytime soon?
    Well, when DH got home from his work trip and saw the mess o'cr@p I was going to sort through on our bed, he got REALLY freaked out, threw it all in a laundry basket and said that we need to just move. He suggested burning the whole house down and just leaving this one behind. He calmed himself down, I cleaned up (some) and we'll be back to the reality of one income, an overpriced town, or undesirable schooling choices elsewhere. Probably won't move anytime soon. I can't leave these boxes and stacks in our room, though. They HAVE to go. Where? I dunno..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3